Supervillian Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Toki_Nakayama, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

being back in the USA has been a blast, overseas i had to order most of the time when it came to comics cause the PX wasnt really consistent. its cool going to a comic store again. who are some of your favorite villians?

im more of a marvel person but i enjoy dc alot too, the independent companies i liked as a kid are defunct. for DC:

Superboy-Prime: essentially a nerdy kid from the original universe whose experienced some heavy losses turning him into a villian, he makes me laugh with his whining an complaining but once his cells are charged he's one of the most powerful beings in the universe. the way how he mouths off to other characters is amusing also.

Lex Luthor- if i could have a multiverse lineup of at least 5 people, Lex would definetly be a pick, his genuis level intellect enables technological wonders and the wits to challenge an topple high level metahumans an even Gods. we just have to keep his huge ego in check.

Agent Orange- while reading the Green Lantern prelude to blackest night, Larfleeze's comments were tripping me out during the buildup to the lanterns encountering him, he is the only member of the Orange Lanterns and his roster consists of victims or other defeated lanterns who he controls, dude has the power of an entire corps but being an avatar for Avarice leads to amusing shenanigans fueled by greed.

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

can't go wrong with magneto, he's a classic!

also the joker, but only in the killing joke.

3. Toki_Nakayama

i read killing joke for the first time a few months ago, those little gun-toting ,cross-dressing midgets were hilarious

4. Fish Of Doom

oh, also, the homelander :D

5. Toki_Nakayama

who is homelander?

6. Fish Of Doom

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I think Black Noir is a bit more.... weird, in a scary way. At least with the Homelander you can have half a guess which way he'll jump, not so with BN ;)

Can't wait for the Butcher mini to make it to TPB.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

His rant about Santa existing on Earth is fun. In Brightest Day, Hector Hammond devours the Avarice Lantern and becomes the host for Avarice itself.

awesome stuff.....

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

The Joker. It must be cool being that evil. Also Venom and Judge Death.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Second vote for Judge Death

Venom as a villain was always more anti-hero to me until Mac gagrgan took the role over - now he is pure evil!!

I have always had a soft spot for Dr. Doom as a villain as well

11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Mystique - Hot blue shapeshifter.

12. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Geppetto (Pinnochio's dad) in "Fables" is quite, quite evil.

13. Freeform

In a 'let's get everything ordered and under control' kind of way (much like the Emperor was shown in later Star Wars books). Still evil, but thought they were doing something good.

14. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Read "A God Somewhere" by wildfire

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Not read Fables....so immediately thought of this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWuv9ayfTqg"]YouTube - ‪Family Guy Pinocchio german‬‏[/ame]

16. Chimpcheng

Everyone should read "Fables", but then I suppose Geppetto isn't a supervillian in the true comic book sense of the word. That honour would go to "The Beyonder" who gave us the surprisingly crap, even when viewed with rose tinted spectacles, "Secret Wars"...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  17. Freeform

Actually, for anyone who hasn't read Fables we've just ruined one of the major plot twists......

18. Chimpcheng

This is true... So I like to say "whoops" and that Darth Vader is Luke's father... :Angel:

19. Freeform

Be assured, that my son will watch Star Wars in the order that was originally intended:

"Dad, why do they start with number fou....."

"Silence! Tis' the way of the Force!"

"Where are numbers 1-3?

"Weren't made, never happened!" ;)

20. Chimpcheng

make him watch Star Wars Holiday Special. Once seen it can't be unseen...