Sunburn prevention

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by LilBunnyRabbit, Jul 10, 2018.

1. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'll be honest, the sweat showing through a shirt is not even a minor concern on these races

I thought the advice was white in the sun black if there are patches of shade?

Dead_pool likes this.
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I think I must of written my post unclearly. Most running websites say to wear white to stay cool as it reflects the radiation away, where as black absorbs it and gets hotter, so I was asking why chatterbox said to wear black and not white, as it was the opposite to the standard advice for training in the heat.

Thanks for the reply though.

Pretty In Pink likes this.
  3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Double post!

4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

or start the race early, and you have to reach the end before the sun comes up (like in chronicles or Riddick) :D

5. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I would be absolutely fine with that, but don't get to select my start time. Apparently it will peak at 29 on Saturday, and I'm starting out at one o'clock. Not quite the worst possible option, but could be better.

axelb likes this.
  6. axelb

1 o'clock? :eek:
    most of my summer races have been about 10am.

how far is this race?

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Somewhere between 12-16k, it varies. Plus some obstacles. This is the middle one - the 20+k one isn't until October so it should be cooler and I've got more time to train for it.

Next year I might try and talk people into a MAP team entry, but currently I'm running solo.

axelb likes this.
  8. chatter box

chatter box Member

To be honest i am not a runner,
    i was told some time ago that black is a better choice,
    good luck with your race.

LilBunnyRabbit likes this.
  9. axelb

depending on when/ where, I may be interested :D I usually race 10k road or trail races, but I've been thinking about doing more variations, and/or longer runs.

10. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

You may regret that - how do you feel about going for a MAP team for Spartan GB in 2019? Advanced warning is that I will almost certainly be the slowest one on any team.

Spartan Race | 10% off Sprint, Super and Beast races