Summer Hols

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Rob_InDaUk, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Rob_InDaUk

Rob_InDaUk Grandmaster Sandwich

Hey people!! Schools out for the summer!! Use this thread to talk about your plans for the summer hols!!

1) Lounge about for a few days sunbathing :D
    2) Go to Ingleton Falls and sunbathe :D

They are my plans for the first week or so :)

Rob

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Work 9-5 as usual while the wife & kids enjoy the holidays :woo:

3. Rob_InDaUk

Ahhh Man hardluck!! I'll think about that while I sunbathe..and train then sunbathe a bit more :p

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'm going to Porthcawl for a week or two tomorrow. I plan to get drunk, eat a lot of junk, and go surfing if the waves are good. Porthcawl's good for surfing if your patient. If I fancy training, I'll do kata on the beach and get chased for miles by the local carnies. Cardio, kata and kumite all in one, can't beat it :D

Aside from that, I have a project due on database technologies due at the end of the hols, so I'm going to be stuck indoors doing that till its done :(

5. Rob_InDaUk

Oh well!! You could say the carnies stole your project while you were surfing? :)

6. YODA

Wots a carnie????

7. Rob_InDaUk

Pykie, gypsie etc. etc.!! Watch Lock Stock and that will give you a good idea :p

8. YODA

Ah! TGB's - Now I understand :D

9. Rob_InDaUk

TGB? The Git Brigade? :p

10. YODA

Thieving Gypsy B******

11. Rob_InDaUk

Ohh I see :D The Git Brigade does have a certain ring to it though.. :p

12. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Then they'd reprimand me for having fun when I'm meant to be working, punishable by a sound beating with Cat 5 network cable ;)

Carnies are the people that run the fairgrounds round Porthcawl. When they're not fleecing people on the Ring Toss stall, they usually stand around the beach, drinking White Lightening and shouting abuse at tourists.

13. Rob_InDaUk

Yup, thats pykies for you, although they are the seaside kind..there are different types you see. If there is a fairground around somewhere watch your wallet!

14. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

Well im training 4 times a week during the hols and working 5 days a week in game. I even get to be deputy manager next week due to the manager being on hols. But i'd like an excuse to take a week or 2 off and do something fun, outdoors and CHEAP around scotland. Any idea's on the back of a postcard or better yet in reply to this message.

Man what a boring summer i've had so far and still 2 months to go :(

15. Rob_InDaUk

It's been boring? MAKE IT FUN THEN!! Why not sunbathe..or go swimming or something

16. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

start at the beginning of my thread and read down. i am working at game 5 days a week. My days off are usually dictated by the days that HWUTS run training. I dont have time to do anything majorly fun.

17. Rob_InDaUk

Hard luck mate..

Hectic schedule you got there! :(

18. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Holidays? oh the kids

WORK!:mad

19. Rob_InDaUk

Yes holidays..don't be jealous Morphus!! :p

20. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Your just starting your summer? Mine is almost over, I have about a month left before i start senior year of high school. Have a fun summer though, i know i did.