suggest methods for filling a heavy bag, please

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by matveimediaarts, Aug 20, 2015.

1. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

So, I finally found an affordable heavy bag to play with at home. It comes without filling, though. I notice some people use sand, others rags, etc. How do you fill yours? I'm hoping for a cheap and easy way. :)

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I find it a great place to store the bodies. But don't tell anyone I said that.

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Broken glass and razor blades.

4. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

The bottom with sand or rice, the sides with ripped up cloth or cotton wool, the middle with anything from the insides of an old mattress or really compressed plastic shopping bags or even cut up bits of rubber (mixed with a bit more old cloth to fill in the gaps).

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Old clothes in a black trash bag that is then vacuumed to make it heavy and solid.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Go to a joinery place and fill with sawdust. Sawdust is good because you can make it more compact as you continue and also you're helping a local business get rid of waste :p

7. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

There's some great suggestions here actually.

I tend to stuff the outer lining of the pad with whatever good quality foam I can find. Then fill the entire bag with sand (cheap, cheerful and turns solid quickly).

8. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Your secret is safe with me. With these other hooligans and nogoodniki, I'm not so sure...