Stylistic differences between N and M?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by KempoFist, May 2, 2007.

1. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

the Fist of the Way of the Fist has got to be a pretty special Fist. It has it's own way after all.

But seriously don't confuse po and do, they are far from the same. The do is a pretty recent idea, and "way" is way too vague.

2. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

based on what i've read here, the difference between kenpo and kempo involves overweight ninjas, bruce lee, spongebob squarepants, the japanese constitution, a few guys who can't speak english, an old michael keaton movie, and maybe a cantonese restaurant (i didn't read that part closely).

HOWEVER, the differences do not include anything to do with mullets or patches, subjects on which i conclude both kenpo and kempo practitioners are evidently unified in their celebration of.

and really, that's what counts.

3. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Good to see some others posting and playing... :topic: We definitly do go there, but if we do it is the "way" or "do" not to be confused with po.

If you consider what I have mentioned all along and strive for others to pick it up is "kenpo" is the law handed, in a fist to show the person is certified.
    Now take that to the Constitution of the Japanese people and the time frame and when it was made (General Mac) and now you see it is the ultimate law of the land and the one signed by the living "God of Japan".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Japan

;)

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Dan you want me to remember? http://www.oldpinetree.com/

If this is it, sure is a long way around LOL... Or if it is more I am still having fun. You are playing my favorite tune.

I have mentioned so many items, "Pearls" as you have mentioned it is tough to remember especially if I have to look it up in Kanji :Alien:

Lets see you wanted me to keep it private, bow (archery) or Bow (No),
    Military and money and the varient of 12 (radical) = 8 and born again.
    Hmmm I am thinking you have heard the news.

New news, http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070503/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_nepal

:D

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  5. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Keep going. You have to take all three clues together to get the answer. Actually, the whole answer is in the first one, and the second two are clues to the first.

6. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

I love it! I'm gonna go and say that's how I intended for it to be read and understood :D

So if I AM the fist, does that mean I have t3h r34l Ke?po!? YES! I mean who has more real Ke?po than the fist which directs the way/law every other ke?poka follows???

I've heard it translated as, "Way of the Fist" "Law of the Fist" and "Fist Law"

7. KempoFist

quoted for truth.

8. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Ditto.

Sad and true, but do not fight one of them straight on, for the weight only adds more to the punch. Toney has proven that aspect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullet_(haircut)
    Originally Posted by pauli
    based on what i've read here, the difference between kenpo and kempo involves overweight ninjas, bruce lee, spongebob squarepants, the japanese constitution, a few guys who can't speak english, an old michael keaton movie, and maybe a cantonese restaurant (i didn't read that part closely).

HOWEVER, the differences do not include anything to do with mullets or patches, subjects on which i conclude both kenpo and kempo practitioners are evidently unified in their celebration of.

and really, that's what counts.

9. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I am glad you sent me on the chase Danjo, (for the specific thought pattern you are trying to convey). It proves to me I have spent to much time on this stuff.

10. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Next clues:

旅法師

Tabi Hōshi

11. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

the idea of budo fairly recent. karete-do aiki-do etc. methods for seeking enlightenment or purity. generally translated as "way".

So when I see kempo as "WAY of the fist" I think maybe the person has po and do confused.

ROFL maybe the schools that don't train in real contact etc are really teaching kempo-do? lololol

12. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

http://www.freedict.com/onldict/jap.html

Try that online dictionary. Kinda funny.

In the Japanese ->English try the following

Kem
    Ken
    Po
    Do
    Bo

Then try combintations. Anyone know of an Okinawan-English dictionary?

13. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashomon_(film)

Cool now we go to the movies.

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Results for 'kenpo'
    Japanese English
    kenpo=carrying on a second line of work
    kenpo= good walker
    New search

Seems about right.

15. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

I knew you were a master of the Japanese language!

16. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I don't think so, the more I do the more I am thinking, sure hope we win when the language is ruled to be Chinese or English.

Some of this is fun and rewarding sort of like a easter egg hunt. But I always got to take the eggs home and eat them, my reward.

What good is this to know, when I find out you are just teasing me and trying to confuse me? Make me feel insecure and all that. :Aegis:

By the way rules are in play and I am not an insecure person, but you might have noticed that in the past, if not you are not as observant as I thought. ;) Or maybe I am just a nutso, "Crazy Gary" . :cool: would not be the first or the last to think that. But if you knew me you would know that is not the case.

17. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Well, much as you'd like to write it off that way, I was actually staying on topic. "Rashomon" is a Japanese slang word that signifies that everyone has their own interpretation of the same story. It was the subject of that movie.

18. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I had to do it that way, it was the only way you were going to come clean.
    Made you talk :D Now everyone is aware of the story if they did not go to the link (which most don't I figure) But I keep trying.

Gary :Angel:

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  19. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Back on topic please folks, or the thread gets it.

20. KempoFist

And if the thread doesn't get it, the KITTY definitely will!
    [​IMG]