stupid things we do

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by dragon_bunny, Nov 3, 2004.

1. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

i'm not scared of spiders.. yet theres a huge spider (i'd say the size of a small dog) in my kitchen. I was going to get a drink and cook. but now i can't cause it's not moving it's just sitting there *looking* at me. and it's freaking me out :rolleyes:

i don't think i have a glass big enough to fit over it.

now i've expressed my extreme paranoia i'm going to go back to looking at fireworks and hiding. :)

2. pinkpsycho

pinkpsycho Valued Member

LOL :D

Just a few weeks ago I refused to sleep for two days straight because there were ladybirds everywhere :eek: . I'm not afraid of them but there was hundreds of them all over our house. They were plotting against me I just know it :cry:

3. abc

abc New Member

use chopsticks :)

4. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Um. . . . caterpillars disgust me. They just do. It's the way the move, I think. . . . . . .

5. KungFuGirl

KungFuGirl Valued Member

Spiders freak me out. I suck them up with the vacuum cleaner because I won't go near them. My vacuum has a long house.

lol one day I was doing this and the vacuum cleaner died. It was like a scene from a horror movie. There I was trapped when I remembered my trusty vacuum cleaner...but then it died!

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

6. abc

abc New Member

LOL last time I was in my mate's room, there was a HUGE spider on the wall, we tried to catch it, but it ran so fast :eek: and it went under his bed, LOL he almost ****ed his pants, no sleep for him that night I assume :D
    I went there again the next day and I caught the spider with my chopsticks-FU!! we flushed it down the toilet, mwhahahaa...what a relief for him

7. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Meh, I already stated my phobia.

Anyways I looooove spiders, they're so cool and fuzzy!!!! Can't wait to get a Tarantula.

PS - since so many people are scared to death of spiders, we should make a "Spider" Kung Fu Style!!!!!

8. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

You guys think that's bad - we've got an EARWIG problem in one of our back rooms!

Seriously - those things are the size of german sausages and they've got evil pincers on them that are just perfect for pinching onto your brain.

I've had a lot of fun roasting them with my extra long lighter (we don't have any flyspray and I was panicking!) but I forgot to clean up the bodies before my wife went in the room. Now she's flipped out and wants me to douse the place in surface spray.

But it's ok because I looked out at our backyard this morning and saw a chicken in the yard (yes, a real chicken and no I'm not making it up)! I'm hoping the chicken will eat the earwigs then we can get a cat to eat the chicken... then maybe a wolf to eat the cat... then...

9. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Hey, no talk about eating cats! :eek: ;)

I don't mind spiders that much, but I can't stand centipedes. They move really fast, are horrible and scary-looking, and sometimes come vaulting out of the drain when you turn the water on. Blech. They're aggressive and venemous. At least our northern ones are small and vacuum-able; I don't know what I'd do if I had to deal with the eight-inch long ones they have in the southwest. :eek:

10. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

Use a bowl or some tupperware, personally I go the tupperware because it is see through and it has 80's nostalgia.

11. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

oooo CAN I EAT THE CAT! I WANT THE LEG!! :D :rolleyes:

12. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Take a shoe or book or something big and heavy. Kiai REALLY loud and throw the object at it.

PL

13. abc

abc New Member

LOL I'v seen a funny shoe commercial before where a woman saw a big spider on the wall, she took off her shoe and slammed it hard, but the spider didn't die and seemed to like it because the shoe was too soft and comfortable.

14. Rudain

Rudain New Member

A few weeks ago one of my room mates screamed at the top of her lungs when she was reaching behind her desk and found a small gecko there. She promptly enlisted the flat to hunt down and kill this poor creature. Not believing we should kill the poor thing I decided we should attempt to catch and release it.

Well things went bad when I tried to get it into a tubber ware container and it charged up the wall to and JUMPED from the ceiling to the dresser, mind you this is a good 2 1/2 meter jump and charged behind the dresser. Where it probably still lives today, taunting me for my feeble attempt to capture it.

Who would have guessed geckos can jump like that....

15. Eero

Eero Valued Member

I refuse to kill spiders because somehow I think they will know who did it and come for revenge.

And I don't want that.

This is pretty silly because there are no poisonous spiders in Finland, but still I fear what they might do to me. :eek:

16. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

The size of a small dog?!?

Have you been watching Eight Legged Freaks again?

17. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

ROFL, sorry but I just found that hilarious..somehow. :bang: :D

18. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Valued Member

Sad but true fact about me...I am afraid of butterflies and moths. I may be one of the only individuals in the world with this phobia. I don't mind spiders, or most bugs (earwigs are pretty bad though), just butterflies and moths.

I have reasons to be afraid though...I was once raped by a butterfly and that is not a lie. Argentina has brutal bugs and no matter how many self-defence courses I took, I just was not prepared.

19. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Not a phobia thing, but was once attacked and head-butted by a big furry moth while I was standing using the toilet (as you do). :)

It must be said that it startled me, and I had a darn good try at shooting it down - but to say any more would probably break most of the MAP decency rules :D :D :D

20. Cain

Cain New Member

Get out there and use the stick soldier ;)

No shortage of spiders in here, there's about 3 of them in my room right about now, but the lizards and rats......nothing can stop those damn things, the only thing you can do is give them the shove out of the house somehow :woo:

|Cain|