studying ninjitsu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by sidnake, Jan 9, 2004.

1. sidnake

sidnake New Member

Hello i am new to martial arts and would like to start, i have decided to go for ninjitsu, i havent started yet and am planning to look for classes i was wondering if anyone could give me info on ninjitsu its forms, its weapons what it involves basicaly could everyone give me as much information as they know, so i can read up can you also add some links to good sites

2. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

3. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

As always, when looking for a good dojo for Ninjutsu, you can check out: www.winjutsu.com

Simply click on the link titled Yellow Pages for links to dojos around the world. This should help you in your search. As for your other questions, simply read all the other threads here in this section of the forum for your answers. If you still have questions after doing so, feel free to post them and I and many other experienced members here will surely give you feedback. Take care for now.

4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

Why does everyone always jump to weapons when learning NE form of MA?

5. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Oh come Ice Queen, weapons are kool! They make you invincible, don't you know that?

Joking aside, I think it's a psychological thing. Ninja = weapons. people automatically think everything we do is about swords and stars and of course, that's what Hollywood feeds them. Then they get involved and learn what it's all about. The good ones stay, the one's looking for "one touch death strike" go somewhere else.

Don't worry too much about it, as Hatsumi says "Go play!"

6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

i know. But the fact that people think movie = real life makes me ****ed sometimes

7. Kreen_Warrior

Kreen_Warrior New Member

I'm sorry, but weapons are cool. Simple as that. I'm currently taking Tae-Kwon-Do, and I'm thinking of either adding or replacing it with wushu, and one of the reasons is that wushu includes weapons. Not the only reason, by any means, but I'd love to learn how to use weapons. Why? Because I think they're cool. This doesn't mean I'm not willing to put work into mastering them.

8. Kalifallen

Kalifallen looking for partner

Sidnake, every school teaches different things. But I like these sites. They give you info on ninja weapons, history, martial art, and some other stuff.
    totalwarrior.com, warriorquest.com, ninjutsu.com, satoryuninjutsu.com, and shinobi-kai.com.

9. SilentNightfall

Just be careful about which sites know what they're talking about and which sites are put up by those not practicing true Ninjutsu.

10. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

You mean like realultimatepower.net ?

11. SilentNightfall

Yes, that, as well as sites like totalwarrior.com and such that are put up by the Neo Ninja.

12. Kalifallen

What's wrong with the Neo Ninja? Are only Japanese ninjutsu acceptable here?

13. SilentNightfall

Of course not. But some Neo Ninja I have more respect for than others. Rick Tew at least makes no claims to teach something with actual lineage or links to Koga or Iga like so many other Neo Ninja that create false histories and historical links. That's my only pet peeve with the majority of Neo Ninja groups. No one should ever have to make up lies to make popular their style. The effectiveness of a style should speak volumes to the public. People using the Ninjutsu name to make some cash are just downright dispicable. No one should ever be cheated out of their money because they were tricked into thinking they practice something which they do not. Just my two yen.

14. Kalifallen

Okay, I understand. I hate it when people do that too. There should be a lay against that. You know, state if you have lineage so you don't trick anyone.

It is true Rick Tew states no lineage of ninjutsu but he did study Bujinkan in Japan by Hatsumi Massaki. He also studyed in Dux Ryu, a form of Koga, Karate, and some others. He doesn't stress or speak of the lineage because it doesn't matter to him. Only the martial art, stealth, weapons, etc, that matters to him. Not the history. That's why the site is called, Total Warrior. He wants the students to become warriors. To make the martial art there own style, instead of them becoming the art.

Anyway, I'm a student of his and I love the way he teaches the style, and how he treats his students. It may not be traditional but I'm not interested in tradition. I'm interested in Ninjutsu. That's why I picked it.
    I also, tryed Bujinkan but it didn't feel right for me. But I did like there outdoors camp. Too short if you ask me.

15. SilentNightfall

Hmm... I wasn't aware Rick studied in the Bujinkan. I never saw that in his bio anywhere. I'm glad he broke off from his teachers Dux and Duncan when he did as Dux is famous for his lies about participating in the kumite as well as having a lineage connected to Koga. None of those claims have ever had proof provided to back them and so one can only assume it is a false lineage. I, myself, have experience with Mr. Tew and his style and I have also seen his home study course as well. Not my cup of tea as I didn't agree with a lot of his weapons aspects. Probably because of my experience with sword and kali techniques. But that's what's great about the martial arts. Something for everyone. I've found something priceless in the Bujinkan and Ninjutsu in general. It makes sense, it's natural, and it's effective. Like Tew Ryu Ninjitsu, it encourages the student to form their own interpretation of the art. Something for everyone, no?

16. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

I'm sorry...did I read that right? Dux is a what? A liar....oh ok. His lMA lineage is the biggest of them all. Next to that bull****, crappy ass movie bloodsport. BTB- you do know why rick brke off from Dux right? Cuz you houldn't have a liar for a teacher. Or a child molestor. His site is down...his lackies are everywhere.....so sad.