Study: Americans sicker than English

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Nevada_MO_Guy, May 3, 2006.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

probably a bunch of religos or something. tee totallers=outcasts over here.

2. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I remember going out and playing in the street every single day,from as soon as I got back from school, till when I went to bed pretty much. Course we got into some trouble, but thats what growing up is all about. You dont get fat. Nowerdays kids just watch tv all day. They dont talk about how far they road their bike the other day, or how far they can swim underwater, but whos shagging who on big brother.

I got a chopped up carrot.

If I asked for sweets I'd get smacked round the ear and told to shut up. I had mc donalds maybe 2 times when I was growing up, and one was a mates bday. I remember riding 5miles to the local shop to buy a chocolate bar ONCE a week with my pocket money.

3. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I got chopped up carrot as well and we didn't have mcdonalds here when I was growing up am I the only one on here who has never tasted a mcdonalds burger in their life.

4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

McDonalds turned me vegetarian. I tried one of their burgers and it sucked so much I've never eaten meat since. Entirely true.

5. NaughtyKnight

Tastes like rat boiled in lard....

6. adouglasmhor

that's disgusting you should always cook rat in coconut oil till it's crispy or theres always proper ratatouie.

7. I was rewarded with sweets. But by rewarded, I mean, for doing something right. Not "kid is screaming for sweets so gets it."

My parents encouraged me to do Boxing and Judo since as long as I can remember and they happily paid for and drive me to training now. Because I live in a crap area. Andover accounts for 1/3 of all Arson attacks in all of Hampshire. Drug use here is extremely high, and in my village, around a mile and a half in length, there are 3 pubs.

Guess what my school friends are doing with themselves these days?

-

Obesity is not easy to get. You have to really work hard to eat so much junk [It tastes horrible after a while] and you must really have to force yourself not to move. [I know if I don't get at least an hour jogging or weightlifting I just will not sleep.]

You can't ascribe bad [Weight related] health issues to one aspect of a persons life. It's a dedicated, 24/7 job for hard-working people. Congratulations to all the Americans who are suffering Diabetes and Heart Stroke as a result of obesity. You're an inspiration to us all. I know I will never have the personal strength to achieve what you have.

8. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

yeah we are a bunch of unhealthy fat slobs...really ...no joke
    i think it has less to do with fast food and more to do with lack of exercise...we drive everywhere.

i dont...i east fast food every day....i am thin and have great lab values

but i do mt 2hours a day and walk almost everywhere i go

BUT we have better TEETH

9. That's a stereotpye. Would you like to see a picture of my teeth? And my girlfriends? And my family and my neighbours?

I'm serious. I only know a handful of people with very bad or uneven teeth. And even assuming we had bad teeth... You're nation has a massive obesity rate. I know which I'd rather have.

10. adouglasmhor

My teeth are perfect, they should be they are about £3,000 worth of ceramic, titanium steel alloy and resin.

11. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I have seen just as many people with bad teeth in America as I have seen over here, it's a complete stereotype. Add to that the fact that most Americans can't tell their **** from their elbow and they're all fat and they have the dumbest man on the planet in charge, and you've got a sucky nation :D :Angel: :D

12. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

Oh my God, and I thought people were giving Israel a hard time :p .

13. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

www.ratemyteeth.com

Attached Files:

14. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

So your saying there is a difference between a European diet and an American? :confused:

Are you sure?

Attached Files:

15. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

And the above photo is EXACTLY the reason women should have to have a permit to wear a thong.

16. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

Nah uh. We're all atheists.

Although, going back to the topic at hand... I think in Britain the Physical Education is rubbish. We don't do enough of it in our schools. From the age of 11 - 16, only 1 hr 30 mins were allocated to PE in my school. At 17, it was 1 hr. At age 18, in my final year, they scrap our PE lessons entirely. And our teachers weren't very good. It was always like "right go off and do x", and you were always expected to perform highly. No help, no advice, no tips, no training towards a personal goal, no confidence boosting, just do it and then get back inside when the lesson's done. Looking back, I think I would have been so much more interested if we had a bit more personal coaching and collective training rather than feeling like we'd just been thrown into it and had to suffer the anxiety of competing against a class of 30 other people. And they didn't give us much choice in what we wanted to do in our PE classes. We were always told what sport we'd be doing. Until we got to the final year of doing it and then suddenly we had really exciting choices like Judo and Archery. See, if we'd had stuff like that before, I would have jumped into PE, and I probably would've started my Martial Arts career a lot earlier too.

I think our govt really needs to pass legislation for PE like they did for literacy hour and numeracy hour. 2 hours a week minimum, better coaching, and more choice. That would go a long way to improving the health of children in this country, and furthermore, getting them interested in it too.

17. NaughtyKnight

Americans are unhealthy because they drink crap beer. **** water doesnt count as beer.

Speaking of booze, thoes that drink it (in moderation) feel healthier than thoes that dont drink. Apparently, moderate drinking helps increase cardio vascular efficeny.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1492651.stm

18. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Nah. We know that our **** is located behind us and our elbow is somewhere on our arm. I'm not fat but all my neighbors are 'cept the guy across the street that rarely eats but enjoys much beer. Bush isn't the dumbest; we have a lot more politicians that should earn that award.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/1681297.stm

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  19. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

Dont get me started on Americans!

The general populance of America are fat, with a minority being either "normal" weight or thinner!

It comes as no surprise that they're considerred unhealthier.

P.S. Sorry if I caused any offence, but I'm pretty stressed right now so I am prone to outbursts of anger :bang:

20. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Sorry to say Nordic, thats NOT a thong the American is wearing! :p