stronger in the nxt couple of days?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by dboy000, Jun 29, 2007.

1. dboy000

dboy000 New Member

if i did a good workout one day, in the next couple of days (when i recover) do i get a little bit stronger from that work out?

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I don't understand the complicated science behind it (I'm not sure anyone understands it all anyway) but in general, yes. It'll only be a tiny bit though. If you could bench, for example, 60kg as your 1RM, a few days later, after recovery, your 1rm might have gone up by 500g or so.

3. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

Depends on many things:

amount of rest you've had to repair damaged muscle fibres
    quality of diet over the last few days
    mental state - (research the golgi tendon)

4. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

There are many factors:
    -muscle recovery (enough quality food, enough sleep, stretching, massage, etc)
    -muscle recruitment (ability to recruit more muscle fibers to exert force)
    -mental strength (balls)
    -mental state when lifting
    -more?

If you train smart and don't over/under train, the above factors will increase over time.

5. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

I agree with all of the above posts, but I'd like to add that this entire concept is entirely dependant on exactly what "a good workout" is.

Hypothetically (or realistically), how are you training?

6. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Yeah you can get stronger relatively soon. Especially if youre new to the movement. These are in-part mostly because of the increases in neurological efficiency of the firing patterns required for the specific movement.

7. dboy000

dboy000 New Member

i do an hour workout and do 5x5

8. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Good stuff,

Yeah, then providing your nutrition and rest are in check, you should get a bit stronger by the following workout. But remember, rome wasnt built overnight.