Striking / Grappling gloves

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Yukimushu, Feb 6, 2004.

1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

:):):)ouanos!:):):)

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

ouano's are to expensive :) But non the less, very nice gloves...
    [​IMG]

3. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

Can anyone tell me why the Harbingers have the palm bar? I just bought a pair and I'm wondering whether I should take it out.

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Apparently the palm bar is there to absorb impact.

Some people pefer to take it out. I know a guy who leaves one in so he can rub it into peoples faces when grappling!

5. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

I use the fairtex ones and I like them, but they're the only ones I've tried.

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

The fairtex ones look REALLY nice. Ive not used them before, but they seem to have had excellent reviews.

Fairtex have released some new gloves which look very sexy! Slightly more padding on them which means you'll be able to do more striking and not have to worry about hurting your training partner.

Attached Files:

7. Anonymouse

Anonymouse Guitar wielding maniac

My instructor has a pair of the ones in that last pic and a pair of the NHB gloves. He said he likes the wraps on those ones better and they have a bunch more padding, but they are heavier too though. I like the NHB gloves, they look cooler I think, and they are quicker. If you are worried about your second knuckles though, they do get a little busted up from no padding.

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I plan on buying a pair of the new Fairtex ones, as soon as i have some money of course!

9. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

i have the alsgym grappling gloves. they are harbinger clones, but have no palm plate. cost me £30 delivered and are stunning. my only criticism is minor, and is relevent to all velcro gloves, sfuk picked upon it too, they still come undone if you are giving it some serious grappling after a while. bar that they have lasted me really well and id definately purchase some more when these wear through.

10. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

The AlysGym gloves aren't open palm gloves are they?

11. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I was considering buying a pair of the Als Gym gloves not so long ago, I really liked the Harbinger gloves when i tried them on, and i expect the Alys Gym ones are very similar. But i much prefer open palm gloves personally, so i decided against them.