Striking arts in Swansea

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by kano junior, Oct 9, 2005.

1. kano junior

kano junior Uchi-Monster!!

I have been doing judo for several years now but have decided that i need to get some decent striking skills. I know there are one or two karate schools around the place but can anyone either recommend or tell me where i could find a decent dojo teaching a striking martial art. (in Swansea)

Thanks in advance.

2. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dazed & Confused

There is still a BKFA Lau Gar class run by Carl Jones - not sure where now that the leisure centre closed down, but you can probably find some info through the BKFA website.

Someone else on MAP (leo I think) said they were doing Korean kickboxing a while back, but I'm not 100% sure where in Swansea. PM him if you're interested.

There are also a couple of kickboxing classes in the Plasmarl area, and I think there was something in Clydach. I'm sure there's one KB gym at the town end of Carmarthen Road which I was always hoping to check out but never did. I know it's not what you're looking for but there is a pretty good BJJ school up in Neath Abbey, and they also did some MMA classes on certain days I think.

A good starting point for looking for other things could be to check with the uni. If they've got local instructors, they've probably got public classes running somehwere nearby and you could get some contact info from them or the uni website.

Hope Swansea's as ugly and lovely as ever :)