Strikes

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Yama Tombo, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Yama Tombo

Yama Tombo Valued Member

....What I'm interested is the punches....there is only I want to know about.....The knuckle strike. I read that the big knuckles middle and index extended can break rips? is that possible?

2. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Normal punches can break ribs, the PSI of fewer knucle punches will break them easier.

3. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Did you mean break ribs? If so, yes it is possible. Hit with enough accuracy, power and intent, this strike will break ribs.

4. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

It's easier than u think to break a bone. All you need is 8 pounds of pressure per square inch (and if you get it right on the curve of a rib it snaps like........erm......that. *snaps fingers*

5. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

You really don't even need that much pressure. Hit repeatedly with light force (light contact sparring, no harder than a push really) in the same spot will break a rib.

It was an accident, honest.

6. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

One thing with martial arts that bugs me is people who think there are complete solutions to everything, one technique that you can do and go "ha, but I have this technique", ala shaolin wonderpalm from Iron Monkey, if you have ever seen it.

Watch a real street fight, even better if it's one between one or even two martial artists. You will see what works. There is a site selling a dvd called "ghetto brawls" or something like that, have a look and see what people fight like, then wonder if you could ever do your one technique.

Be rounded, and concentrate on being effective with real techniques that you could actually use rather than mythical efforts that are steeped in hype and historical chinese whispers.

Many punches can break ribs, it really isn't that hard. I know a couple of people who have broken ribs coughing, it's more common than you think.

7. Yama Tombo

Yama Tombo Valued Member

No, I know its easy to break ribs....I'm asking ,"If it is possible to break the ribs with just the two big knuckles?" I thought that it would somehow split the power of the punch. Because I haven't tried it, and I don't want to break someone's bones to find out. I was just wondering if someone here has used the two knuckle punch...(and I don't know the name of the strike either so it's useless trying to clarify that.)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2003
  8. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Right you are Adam. But Yama was asking a simple question about the effectiveness of a certain way of punching. No one said it was the best or only way. And for your info, these are real techniques proven on the battlefield and "in the street" (or in my case, bars and clubs). They do work, nothing mystical about them. You are right tho, be well rounded and concentrate on being effective. That means utilizing different punching/kiciking/grappling/throwing techniques.

9. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

Yeah its easy to break ribs with the 2 big nukkles, its the only fist they use in kenpo. unless u mean using them extended, then i have no idea about how easy it is, but im sure its possible