stretching

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by totalkayos, Apr 18, 2003.

1. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Thankyou for that - that helps with the pics aswell.

Thankyou very glad!
    morphus:cool:

2. totalkayos

totalkayos Valued Member

so can these techniques be used everyday or every other day?

3. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

everyday use it as a part of warmup
    -TkdWarrior-

4. Cain

Cain New Member

They are'nt as heavy as PNF stretching....so yep use it everyday, it ain't intense but could give you a hell of fine results, which the physicists have already covered ;)

|Cain|

5. totalkayos

totalkayos Valued Member

so in case anyone was wondering, i have read through super joints by pavel t. and it was a good book. there really wasn't anything new in it that hadn't been disccused here. he emphisized the slow streches and holdiing and relaxing into the stretch. in this he advises you to hold the stretch and the wait for your muscles to relax and then stretch a bit more. just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents.

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Thanks for your feedback on that one..... !

So how is the stretching going? Will you check out Kurz's or Alter's books... high recommend them!

7. morphus

morphus Doobrey

I'm practising these stretches and i'm finding them a great help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. totalkayos

totalkayos Valued Member

i plan to check out those books and compare and contrast them, as soon as i get some loot to buy them.

9. Stewart

Stewart Valued Member

New to all of this but I have used Kurz's video which I found to be extremely good. The excercises he shows before starting to stretch can be incorporated into your training sessions very easily and these with the stretching, have help me to increase my flexibility greatly.

The only down side to the video is the cost and also the cheesy music played through out.

10. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I would like to check out the video also as I found the book way too technical for me to "understand" completely. But found that I really didn't need to read it from cover to cover.
    I was in fact stretching "incorrectly" prior to reading Kurz's book paying absolutely no attention to my pelvic alignment (which was totally off) and finding that I wasn't making gains in my flexibility because of my mindset.