Stretching DVD giveaway

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Van Zandt, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Please note that I first ran this by the Mods to check it was OK and received their blessing (cheers Mods).

I have a FREE copy of the Splits and Flexibility DVD from Elastic Steel to give away (see a preview below).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gea-fi92COk"]YouTube- ElasticSteel.com- Splits DVD SPLITS and FLEXIBILITY[/ame]

It is abrand new copy in excellent condition and will play in most regions. To be in with your chance of winning, all you have to do is answer the following flexibility-related question:

The ability to hold your leg in the air unassisted is a display of what kind of flexibility?

Hint: The answer is in several threads on the flexibility forum.

Get your answers to me by PM no later than 12.00pm (GMT) on Monday 26th April 2010.

The winner will be chosen at random from the list of correct entries and notified the following day. I will contact the winner by PM/E-mail to confirm shipping details. This competition is open to all MAP users and the DVD will be posted to the winner regardless of where he/she lives in the world. Late entries will not be accepted.

Post on this thread if you have questions relating to the rules (even though I think they're pretty straightforward).

Good luck :cool:

2. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

If only the prize was a DVD by Van Zandt...

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Not just yet mate ;)

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Last day for this folks!

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

One hour to go folks :)

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I posted this up on the Facebook page yesterday too.

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Cheers Saz.

Had a helluva lot of entries! :eek:

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Thats good, I'd like to see MAP do more stuff like this, I think its cool

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

The competition is now closed!

Thanks to all those who entered. The winner shall be announced shortly.

10. Patrick Smith

Thanks, Van Zandt. Good luck to the winner!

I think it's cool, too, Saz! In fact, I might even try it with a few of Bruce Lee's books! I have Bruce Lee's Fighting Method Volume 2, 3, and 4. I wonder if anyone would be interested.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Thanks Patrick. It's entirely up to you if you feel like running a comp too. Just so folks are aware, I'll be doing one of these every month. It will be flexibility related, and next month's prize is one of these.

The winner has been selected. I'm waiting for them to respond to my PM before I post the name on here.

12. Patrick Smith

LOL! Flexistretchers look crazy! :p

Anyway, I think it would be cool if a lot of MAP members would do it. It would be a neat way to share informational products and other such stuff that we no longer need.

*everybody checks their Inbox*

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  13. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

It's not me :( Damn royal mail, my bribe mustn't have arrived in time

14. Patrick Smith

LOL! :cool:

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'm looking forward to the month where you win Van Zandt coming round your house and being your personal skivvy for the weekend.
    I'll enter that one.

16. liero

liero Valued Member

So who's the wiener?

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I was the lucky winner. Many thanks to Dan Van Zandt.

No excuses for not being flexible now.

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Sorry for responding so late in the day, I only just got back home from giving a seminar.

As Simon S pointed out, he is the lucky winner this time round. His name was chosen at random from the list of correct entries. Congratulations to Simon, and thanks to everyone who took part.

I was impressed with the number of people who responded, and more importantly, the number of people who got the answer right. The aim of this monthly competition is not only to give you guys a chance to win some free goodies, but also to help increase understanding of correct stretching methods within the larger community. Of course, you have to sign up to the awesome forum that is MAP to take part ;)

Hatamoto, so the size 18 knickers covered in dodgy stains were from you? :eek:

PASmith, maybe not a skivvy (although I know you'd like that - want me to dress in a maid's outfit for you? :D) but at some point in the future, maybe towards the end of this year, I'll offer the prize of having me travel to meet the winner and give a free 1:1 flexibility seminar. (I will pay for my own travel, including air fair if you live outside the UK).

Thanks again to everyone who took part, and stay tuned to this thread (seeing as Saz was cool enough to sticky it :cool:) for next month's question.

All the best,

Dan

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

the prize of having me travel to meet the winner and give a free 1:1 flexibility seminar

The. Best. Prize. Ever. Offered. Ever.

What was the answer?
    Not that I can even remember the question.

20. Patrick Smith

Congratulations, Simon! :)

I agree with the other Smith, that would be an awesome prize! :D