Stretch Marks

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by No Life King, Nov 7, 2005.

1. No Life King

No Life King New Member

Hi, thanks for any input, are stretch marks permanent? If not, how can you get rid of them, i know there are no immediate solutions, but is there something that might take care of it on the long run? Thanks.

2. Xpose

Xpose Valued Member

some say they could eventually go away but im not sure, i have them from playing football and gaining alot of wieght about 3 years ago, after losing most of it again i still have it...alot of people say if you are to tan outside and get some sun on it you can make them less visible, and i have also heard of laser surgery also :-\.

May be something you wanna research

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

No, stretch marks don't go away, they can fade over time but thats about it. They are a destruction of the underlying support tissue of the skin and its not something that can be erased.

4. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Don't worry mate, they won't always be so red. Vitamin E cream is meant to help and as Xpose already said, get some sun on them too.

5. No Life King

No Life King New Member

oh well, thats cool, thanks for the info. might as well accept the scars of youth huh.

6. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Good nutrition and rest can HELP to prevent them but it is absolutely no guarantee. There are many methods of treatment with varying degrees of success. Vitamin E and E45 cream tend to work a bit, but don't expect miracles.