street muay thai

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by nicolo, Jul 16, 2003.

1. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

has anyone here ever used muay thai in a street confrontation? I mean a full all-out brawl with one or more than one opponent. Just wondering what happened and if it was a mass attack how you dealt with it.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yes - one on one though.

He stepped forward.

I nailed him in the thigh with a low kick.

He went down.

I went home.

On another occasion....

He faked a jab - I didn't fall for the fake

He threw a big right hook

I stepped inside it and hit him with a right diagonal elbow - breaking his cheekbone, nose, jaw & removing 4 teeth, one of which was firmly embedded in my elbow.

He went to sleep for a bit.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  3. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL! Short and classic! :D

|Cain|

4. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

HAHA thats great Yoda.

5. YODA

Didn't feel great at the time!

6. Jay

Jay New Member

For him !! :D

Jay

7. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

You the man Yoda! I was wondering, in your life, when faced with a threat on the street, how have you chose which style you want to use against the aggressor? or do you just adapt and use
    whcih style seems best against them?

8. JiGGa

JiGGa New Member

most muay thai fighters keep there fights in the ring. they see a streetfight is pointless.

9. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

You have a point, but thats not what the thread is about. It's about having to use those skills you learnt, not wanting to use them.

10. YODA

I can't honestly say I've ever "chosen" which art to use. It just kinda "goes off".

11. YODA

Of course they do - and I've walked away from MANY.

Sometimes life kinda chooses events for us though - for example - the low kick incident I mentioned above. I was at an ATM (cash machine) - turned round to walk away and was confronted by two guys - both bigger than me - wanting my money. This was just before Christmas and I'd taken the maximum amount out to buy last minute presents for my kids. I was also standing up 2 steps from them. I stepped off the step and straight into the low kick - he went down and the other guy ran (wise move). The guy I kicked was having some kind of seizure on the floor - Yoda - exit stage left!

12. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

Though I have never personally resorted to using Muay Thai outside of the ring, I know of a few of my training partners who have.

They usually all follow the same pattern of events:

Argument with 'posturing'.

Escalation of 'posturing'. You can tell that someone is trying to 'build himself up' to take that swing.

Muay Thai roundhouse kick to leg.

Fight over.

LOL!

Khun Kao

13. YODA

Yep - that's about the measure of it LOL!

14. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

YODA, Khun Kao that is pretty funny...but I'm sorta in trouble now because I hurt this guy on the subway recently. He was trying to pick my pocket and wouldn't stop rubbing into me. I hit him with sok klab and some people alerted a cop about it cuz he dropped and was bleeding from the mouth. I got hauled in and they want to hit me for using excessive force even though I told them over and over again that he was picking my pocket. I told them I tried to move away into the crowded car but the guy kept rubbing up into me. The law sucks...
    has anyone ever faced a similar situation with the law?

15. YODA

Man that sucks!

Maybe you should havge souted- "Stop trying to rob me you ****** THIEF!" to get witness attention - THEN clobbered him if he did it again?

16. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

looking back...I shoulda...i guess i got stupid. This in light of them knowing the guy has a previous record of theft. I hate this system...now i could get fined and sued back.

17. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

I've gone a bit paranoid about fighting cause i depended on my right hook, I mean it's the right hook to end all right hooks. When I used it on focus pads the right hook ended the right hook. no more right hook. Know my basic left right combo is no more.

After coming upto 10 weeks of injury (yeh I know, what up with that?) I don't want to use it again for fear of messing it up.