Street Knock-outs and Street Fights

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pretty In Pink, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

No! Have you ever just browsed youtube for street fights? I've never seen so many pathetic fights in my life. Even so, a lucky punch counts as well as a planned one. It actually motivates me so i'll go shadow box for an extra 10 or 20 minutes. That little bit of extra time sometimes might make the difference.

2. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Dude that just sounds so bleak. Is it really that dangerous in US? are people from the US realy that paranoid that someone is all of a sudden just going to break into their home and murder their family? I have never even thought of what precautions my family take in the home and if i did have to think like that then i'd be moving location.

I watched Blowing for Columbine a while back and one of the things that immediately jumped out at me was that everyone in the US locks their front/back door even when they are in the house. I thought it was just for the camera but having read this i believe it now.

lol i have changed my mind, i'm not going to Florida next year.

I have never browsed youtube looking for streetfights. It isn't really my style to be honest with you. In fact i haven't even watched the ones posted on this thread.

Baza

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  3. Saved_in_Blood

I was responding to Ero's post when I wrote it, but it's always something to think about. There's a lot of drugs in this town. There are at least 3 meth houses within a mile or mile and a half of my home. Usually are several stabbings a year, a lot of robberies, drunks EVERYWHERE, opiates are HUGE here (like most places in the U.S. now) and people will kill to get their pills. So you don't know when some meth'd up person, or pill popper might try to come to your door or kick it in looking for money.

No, it's quite true... we lock everydoor in our house, whether home or not. I do it during any time of the day to protect my family. Of course my Wife knows I absolutely HATE HATE HATE!! it here. I want to move to a different area where it's a lot more secluded.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Erm...I'm pretty sure most people in the UK lock their doors too?
    I lock and shut my backdoor if I have to go upstairs. Open backdoors and windows are what opportunist crims are looking for.

5. Rhythmkiller

Not in my experience mate. I can and do just enter my friends house with no need to knock and them me. Say i know about 50 people in total in my immediate area including friends and family. 100% of them don't lock theirs doors when they are in the home and like me only lock them when we go to bed.

Baza

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Yeah we only lock our front door at night and when we go out. That said, we don't have an upstairs and there's no door handle. If I lived somewhere with a handle I'd probably keep it locked.

7. Rhythmkiller

When i get in from work tonight i guarantee both my front and back door will be wide open. Because of the heat we keep the doors open. At the back of my house and i mean literally at the parimieter fence it's all glen (Forrest). Anyone could be in their but i haven't heard of a break in ever really in my area so no one bothers there is no panic.

Baza

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

When the world goes to hell you're going to be one of the first people dead!

Clearly you have no zombie plan either. They could literally just walk right in!

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Well blow me down....York seems to get pretty regular garden hopping ne'er-do-wells that do over a few houses or get in a back door and half-inch a laptop or phone.
    My doors are locked all the time and I live in a quiet village with very little crime (if any). :)
    I'd probably fit right in in the US.

10. Rhythmkiller

No i do have a plan. I'm moving to the US, a place were i can legally own a gun and i'll gun down the Zombie horde. Simples :)

Baza

11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

The idea of zombies that can open doors is incredibly terrifying and I think would scupper most peoples' contingency plans.

12. Saved_in_Blood

All of the U.S. obviously isn't the same way... I can say when I still lived at home that we didn't lock our doors much, but it's a large, more snobbish neighborhood where people call the cops for every stupid little reason. Now The pill issue is hitting home a lot more and your nice neighbors and such have become addicts and are knocking on your door at 1 or 2 a.m. asking for money. Most people consider it sad, while I consider it the fault of the medical industry for making the pills so easy to get/or almost handing them out with little reason. Pain management is the biggest money making scheme out there.

For instance, for my back pain I was told I would need pain management for the rest of my life and that surgery could not help me. I told them I didn't want their addictive pain killers and to keep it for some other sucker. So, I got online, looked for other methods of strength training specific areas as well as taking a mix of a joint supplement, 1 tsp of MSM (in small crystal form), and 4-6 grams of fish oil a day. Most of my daily aches and pains are gone, but if I push it i'll be sore the next day. Very rarely do I have to take my ibuprophen, asprin etc.

The one thing I don't understand about that is they can do successful heart and brain surgery, but can't help bulging discs or lower back arthritis? I'm sorry I just don't believe that. Scam.

13. Rhythmkiller

Have we.......gone off topic again? yeah not into the fight vids myself to be honest, although i do watch competitive sparring/fighting etc. on youtube.

Baza

14. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

If they could do it, they would do it and make you pay for it.

15. rne02

rne02 Valued Member

Yes. Martial arts, fighting and self defence are all three different things, whilst some of the skills are transferable, training in one does not mean you are competent at the other.

16. Saved_in_Blood

I don't think they would... you know how much money they make in that PM crap that really doesn't work? It's a lifetime thing vs. a single surgery... still adds up to a whole lot more.

17. Saved_in_Blood

If you are "fighting" then you are doing it of your own free will and likely in the wrong. However, if one is a ring/cage fighter and you an untrained loudmouth and the trained guy/girl doesn't have self control then you're likely getting a beating.

18. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Someone would do it.

19. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

This isn't how economics works.

Pharmaceutical companies make money from drugs
    Surgeons make money from surgeries.

Why would surgeons choose not to make money to protect the profits of pharmaceutical companies? They wouldn't.

Some medical procedures are just more difficult - or more likely, more dangerous than others and that makes them infeasible as methods of treatment.

20. Saved_in_Blood

My Wife is in the medical industry. As a for instance... drug reps come there usually once a week. Why? Because they want to sell their product. They buy food for the whole office, they do this so that the doctors will sit down and listen to their newest drug. It's a business... it's not just for health and often times it doesn't help the patients health that much.

What do you see when you walk into a doctors office? You sign in with a pen that has "Zoloft" on it, and then they may give you a pad of paper that has the name of another drug on it. It's all advertisements. You are also not taking into account that often times surgeons have a main office in which they treat pain as well as perform surgeries. I know of several local doctors right off the top of my head that do this.

Also answer this... if it's not a business, certainly they could find better things to put people on than Percocet, hydrocodone, etc. Why don't they just give them a needle with some medical heroine in it and let them inject themselves? Pills aren't that strong, but they have the very same addictive effects. I know people left and right who are hooked MAJORLY hooked on opiates. They cannot get off of them. When the drug companies and insurance companies make money the entire medical industry makes money.