stream pc to ps3

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by dentoiwamaryu, Jul 13, 2008.

1. dentoiwamaryu

dentoiwamaryu Valued Member

Hi folks, im usiing a windows vista pc and looking to network it to my ps3. im usuing a wirless network for my pc for interent use and would like to stream what i have on my pc, ie movies, to my ps3. im having a few problems. im trying it through mindows media. i have went into the libary of wmp and selected share files but been unable to locate my ps3, alothough my ps3 seems to see the pc but there is no comunication.

any ideas please?

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

When you go on a heading video, photos, music etc: The first sub-heading should say 'search for media severs' You should be able to pick your PC up from there. My son has his music and photos on his.

3. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

Ya just as martial dad says try the search media servers , if that doesnt work i suggest having a lloking on the ps3 forums . i know some people are having troubles locating the ps3 on the wirless network and there is some sneaky lil fixes :) i will have a look today on a few forums for you as im in work bored

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

If it doesn't work try knocking the firewall off for a bit. If it then works you'll just need to adjust it to allow the traffic.

5. dentoiwamaryu

Thanks alot guys and gals

6. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

Sorry didnt have chance to lookinto it yesturday , you tried any of waht martial dad said ?

7. dentoiwamaryu

ye thanks alot

8. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

have u worked it out , im going to networ mine tomorrow i will come back with my outcome