Strange phenomena....

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Taiji_Lou, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

When people do chi exersizes, strange things are reported to happen. Some Masters of qigong and taiji have been reputed to be able to do extrordinary things.

I dunno... we've all seen the iron shirt demonstrations. We all know about the Chinese doctor who was on ripley's believe it or not.

I wanna hear some personal experiences!

2. Yuen Fen

Yuen Fen Valued Member

One day, during a really intense training session, my skin started to secrete droplets of water, especially on my face.

It must have surely been Chi.

3. Wadey

Wadey Valued Member

Easy there Yuen, don't go tapping in and using all the etherial powers yourself! Save some for the rest of us... :)

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

When I'm working on forms and the wind blows... I get a ____________!!!!!!
    It's hell to keep all that chi in.

5. surrealism

surrealism trying to fit in

I used to be a believer in Chi until I did some studies. Part of me however does not want to give that belief in Chi up. However, I am prone to delusions of grandeur. [being serious on that]

One such sensation that I can not seem to scientifisize [my made up word or the day] is the feel of cool bone and warm muscle while doing and after tai chi practice.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  6. Yuen Fen

Yuen Fen Valued Member

That must be hard to deal with.

Geddit??? :cool::evil:

7. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

- I had seen by my own eyes that one Qi master made a full room of people walked like Zombies.
    - A friend of mine when she practiced Taiji, her soul could float in the air and looked down on her own body.
    - A friend of mine when she meditated, she could travel through time and space.
    - A friend of mine when he meditated, his eye balls fell out of his eye sockets.
    - When I meditated, nothing happened to me at all.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  8. kenponidan

kenponidan New Member

I was a newbie in my Tai Chi class. Our master was leading us in a qi gong exercise. You all know the one, where you put palms facing each other and feel the chi between them? Pretty basic exercise. I felt nothing. For some reason, our instructor stops in front of me and asks if I feel it. Being the truthful sort, I said "no".

So he stood in front of me and apparently tried to either help me focus or to impart some of energy to me. Asked again if I felt it. I said, "no".

His response? "you're a tough one"
    ???

Like Mulder, I want to believe. I do believe. But I don't believe that every Tom, Dick and Jane in a tai chi class can access chi. I think it's really beyond our conscious control.

But yeah, I still do qi gong. Nothing wrong with hedging my bet. LOL

9. Linds

Linds Valued Member

I've seen videos of all kinds of phenomena. But they only seem to work on the master's own students. They either stop working or the master prevents a test when other people try.

10. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

One Qi master asked me to hold my fist as tight as possible for 3 minutes. He then asked me to open my hand. I could feel some cold air came in my palm. That Qi master told me that was Qi.

One guy spent 2 weeks with me in Taiji training. one year later he became Qi master. He said my Qi was much stronger than his but even today, I still cannot feel it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  11. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I saw an old Japanese guy use Chi to knock over 50 of his students, and then he got punched in the face during a fight. That was strange.

12. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Well, if your wasted time is nothing, then, no nothing wrong.

13. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Through years of Tai Chi and grueling nightly sessions of role playing games, I managed to learn how to become a Super Saiyan.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTDeQf2PwW4"]YouTube- DBZ- Goku Turns Super Saiyan HD Remastered[/ame]

14. slipthejab

20 sided dice is t3h d34d733 and trumps all this BS!!!

15. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Qi gong training gives criticals on a 17-20. Remember that!

The Bear.

16. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If it's a Tuesday at 9am, it gets even better. All your opponents roll natural 1's so they get hit every time.

17. Satsui_No_Hadou

Satsui_No_Hadou Ultra Valued Member

I also hear facing west gives you free re-rolls. I'm only a level 8 so haven't unlocked any of the good abilities yet, but I have good gear, +3 intellect enchantment on my pants.

18. righty

righty Valued Member

Pick who got the fake LSD.

19. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

The cold air was chi. You just don't understand WHY. And I do. Sorry.

The experience of chi cultivation is an AMAZING subjective experience. The skin tenses with a kind of pressure never felt before. It tingles. It's a definate thing that I've tried to recreate using other methods. I've held my arms above my heart to test if the "chi" was actually just blood or muscle tensing or something.

I mean, how can you experience chi, and then not believe? I've had amazing results from my practice.

And yeah yall, I've had some weird things happen. I guess the bottom line here is that I shouldn't be trying to have conversations of these sort with you. You seem like you want to prove just how right you are. Well, maybe I'm wrong, but then again my brother didn't believe, either. He's got a good, strong brain and thought martial arts was nonsense, just grab a gun you know? I taught him push hands just so we could practice and I could show him fa jing. When we locked up, I performed roll back to press, and he damn near launched into the water (we were at the beach during the evening). No physical exertion, just standard stuff.

Have fun fighting with li jing. Sure, sparring is fun. I think you all need to spar a black bear cub for perspective. Physical training IS important. But if you won't cultivate chi, you will never be good taiji practitioners.

And I've got a little more chi these days then when I was a younger man. Don't believe me. You won't believe me. Maybe it's because chi makes your skin crawl.

Or maybe you're just numb.

20. slipthejab

HAAHHAHAHA!!!!

thick

as

a

brick