Strange and exotic weapons?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Darkflames21, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Ofcourse just like only Japan makes good swords. :D

2. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

Bah!

Go to Scotland.

Get a claymore.

3. Cudgel

Naw Good ole USA made sidesword for me. Much better than some expensive shiney to hang on my mantal that I would be afriad to use.

4. Shaolin Dragon

Axes are so much more fun than swords.

I wouldn't mind trying out one of those klingon B'atleths, though...

5. Cudgel

NO REAAALLLLLYYYY!!!!!???????

LOL

Ofcourse axes are mor fun than swords you can hook some ones leg out from under them and then split their skull or hookk their weapon and puch then in the face, or choke up ont he haft an use the axe head as brawling aid.

I think some one found a site that sell battle worthy b'atleths but im not sure. I will fin out thoiugh.

6. Shaolin Dragon

The gunblade used by that dude in Final Fantasy Something was actually based on an historical weapon.

Boomerangs also spring to mind.

7. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

Have you ever chucked a boomerang and had the thing come back???

I've lost several and there must be literally thousands of the things missing in action all over the world....

:)

8. khafra

khafra New Member

Wait. I'm going to need to see a reference on that--the gunblade is a historical weapon? I mean, perhaps someone once made an awkward fusion of revolver and blade, but a real weapon used by more than one person?

9. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

I read something once about a pair of ladies shoes with titanium bladed high heels... they were classified as dangerous and banned.. I'll see if I can find the link

They could be rather useful, couldnt they! :D

10. Cudgel

I've seen historiacl gun swords as well gun maces and gun hammers. it was back inthe days when firearms were single shot afairs I beleive. then when you fired your shot you could still use the weapon.

11. chungmoomonkey

chungmoomonkey Just a few more months...

hay that hand thing was in amovie i saw and its in dieblo 2

12. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

The source isn't the best (a dubious childrensbook about Africa...), but anyway there it is a picture of an Arabic punchingdagger with two pistolbarrels, one at each side of the blade. By squeezing the grip, you fire the barrels. I cannot remember wether both went off on one squeeze, or if one barrel went off pr. squeeze.

Anyway, if you go to europe in the 15th and 16th century, you'll find some pretty wierd stuff!

-like a all in one wambrace/shield/sword, to use by a mounted knight for his left arm

-multibarreled guns/handcannons (often linded out like a fan so that you got a really good spread)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2003
  13. Shaolin Dragon

There are several examples I have come across, ranging from about the napoleonic to the modern bayonet (which is basically the same thing).

The Frank Wesson dagger-pistol patented in 1868 was a two-shot .41in pistol with a short blade protruding between the barrels.

The sort which is more blade than gun is from around the napoleonic era, I believe.

Besides that many custom and civilian weapons in particular have had an integral blade

Historically speaking gunblades are not particularly good weapons, as the blade causes the shot to be innacurate, and the grip is not that good for use as a sword. Certainly they would not have been used as the example in Final Fantasy was.

14. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Any pictures or links to the gun/sword combos?

15. Shaolin Dragon

16. Shaolin Dragon

If you are trying to find anything on the net, don't use the word gunblade!!!!

Try out Gun/sword combination, Swordgun or variations thereof if you don't want reams about FF.

17. Darkflames21

Darkflames21 New Member

18. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Those things look sweet, but probbably not efective, the gun would be hard to aim and hold, and the blade would be unbalanced. The first one looked kewl, but the knife would be most practacle. Best left as novelties.

19. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

I just bought a great book at my MA shop on obscure Japanese weapons.

There are some really weird things in there including horse needles and other interesting weapons that u will all love...

20. Darkflames21

Darkflames21 New Member

what is the name of the book? I would like to read it. does it have pictures?