story about me, boxing and TMA !

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by cioGium, May 27, 2003.

1. cioGium

cioGium New Member

4 years ago we were 5 boys eager to start lifting weights for the looks. 1 year later we remain 4 to keep lifting,the other one quit(he was so ugly that even the muscles didn't work out:Alien: )
    After another year we remain 3. The months go by and i start feeling that lifting pices of iron just for the looks is kind a dumb(took me some time to realize) and started to look out for a boxing club. I found one but they only took teenagers for performance, me, beeing 22, was out of the question so i kept looking.....and in front of an old box.club i met with a man who invited me to attend one class and if i like it i could stay for more. it's been 1.5 years of Qwan Ki Do(traditional chino-vietnamese style) and hope i won't stop too soon.
    The other day i met the remainig 2 guys from the gym and we started talking of this and that, they told me they've started boxing and i told them i started QKD and we agreed to meet and sparr. I was kind a scared because i was going to sparr under boxing rules(and all those threads tma vs. box vs. xyz were saying that all odds are against me), and most i was scared i will make a fun of myself- but, hey, at least i will find out how QKD does in the ring.
    We met, we did toghether some warming exercises, we put on the gloves hit the hevy bag for some time and i was ready to go....so were they.
    rules : 3 min x how much we can
    First match : me vs. iulius (he was the weaker one) - i kicked his ass :woo: .(it lasted 3 rounds)
    Second match : me vs. adrian(better, faster , uglyer) i kind a felt all those punches, especially his left to the body(uhhh that hurts was screaming my liver) but no one stoped! and we both sad EVEN !
    conclusion : i am not the ultimate fighter but i spar and i take my training for serious so i can say the results came out... my instructor sad : "you weren't ready for this but i am glad that you did it no matter how you performed!

p.s. me 1.84 m 84 kg
    iulius 1.83 80 kg
    adrian 1.80 85 kg

p.p.s at the club we sparr and we are encouraged to hit the heavy bag on daily basis

p.p.p.s i know that they are not what a true boxer is but neither am i the martial artist

Thank you Yoda for the weight lifting program.

2. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

You got a weight lifting program off YODA ages ago, or just recently?

3. cioGium

cioGium New Member

ages ago...

i wasn't near a internet connection for quite some time and thats why the "thanks factor" is a bit delayed.