Stopping teaching, back to training, may pick up BJJ

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by SWC Sifu Ben, Sep 28, 2016.

1. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Some of you may have noticed I've been a bit absent. Aside from a broken and now replaced laptop I've been making up my mind and decided to take a break from teaching (publicly) for a while. I've been teaching for about four years but I've decided to take a break. I'm quite busy with other commitments like work and school but it's also been quite difficult to get and keep a school up and running in the area I'm in currently so I'll be closing my doors for now.

I'll be going back to training with my Sifu and I think I'm going to split my time between there and some BJJ classes. There's a school about 10 minutes away whose head is a Marcus Soares blackbelt and I do miss grappling.

...as soon as this post-viral cough clears up and I no longer sound like General Grievous

2. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Hey,I think it's always preferable to be a full time student (I mean rather than 1 or 2 times a month or something) and keep learning/developing.

I think every one of my teachers of TC and Southern CMAs initially began teaching simply to develop training partners.

Enjoy!

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Do what you can, going once is better than not going at all.

4. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Good luck with it Ben!

I'm actually wearing your Wing Chun shirt right now!

5. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

good luck. hoping for the best.

6. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

That's exactly how I ended up with it. Have to admit it often is a large pain.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Let us know you decide.

8. Marku85

Marku85 Valued Member

All the best Ben!