Stoke-on-Trent weekend training

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by SeeDarkly, Apr 6, 2016.

1. SeeDarkly

SeeDarkly Valued Member

Hi all, just wanted to ask a quick question to a conundrum I've come across this week....

I've just moved to Stoke-on-Trent and have begun looking for somewhere to train, however my working hours are 13:00-22:00 Monday to Friday and I'm struggling to find anywhere that does weekend classes....virtually every club I've found only trains Monday-Friday......
    I did find one club FMA Fujian who trains in stafford on a Saturday afternoon but so far, that's it!
    So I'm asking, does anyone know of ANY club teaching any art that trains on weekends?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Bjj and Muay Thai clubs often have a morning class. Give them a look.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

As a chip eater myself, I am really, really, sorry to hear that. :)

I used to train with Simon McGovern when he taught at another place (Impact) and I'd suggest you go and check his club out. (Dead_pool's link).

There was a few clubs in Stoke that had weekend training (John Steele's Muay Thai gym, Stoke Lau Gar) but I just checked their sites and they only seem to have week day classes these days.

5. SeeDarkly

SeeDarkly Valued Member

Thanks for the replies gents-I've had to message McGovern as the site seems to be down, here's hoping!

6. SeeDarkly

SeeDarkly Valued Member

I've found a Karate club and a couple of kickboxing clubs...I also found a Defence Labs club in Stafford-still seems to be very hard to find anyone who trains at weekends in Staffordshire as a whole....

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

This is where you need to look.

Mitch

8. john83gater

john83gater Member

Shuhari karate in Longton on Sundays ?

9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

10. bluelaser

bluelaser Valued Member

I train at magda institue jkd @ NG2 circuit training unit 1 elgood lane, goldenhill, stoke, ST65QF.

We have a jeet kune do class on sundays at 10:30 am til 12:30 £5 per class

I hope this helps not many places to train as you say..

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018