Stinky people

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by pulp fiction, Feb 3, 2006.

1. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

Is there anyone in your club that he or she smells so bad?

In my club there is a new guy who lookes like is hasn't taken a shower for years. His dobok is all dirty, wrinkled and smells like s... His feet stink too. We were doing some felixilibilty exercises and every time I had to get near him I almost puked from the smell.

After training I talked to my instructor and he told me the same. He also told me that next class he is going to talk to him about taking a shower before class.

How do you deal with people like that, who refuse to take a shower?

2. kikkoman

kikkoman Valued Member

Tell him about it. And tell him to wash his gi with bleach.(this may weaken the gi, but bleach kills germs like nothing else).

3. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

have not had that problem, accept after thursdays practice my own feet smelt rather bad, but thats cuz i had already worked out that day and not showered, add that with three hours of class and you can see why. i should not let that happen anymore

4. Deedum

Deedum Valued Member

we always say be polite and tell him

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

We had this problem on a smaller scale at my kwoon. One of the students decided that after a particularly hard workout he wouldn't wash his uniform. I think he may have just tossed it in the dryer, which only made it worse. EVERYONE smelled it. Sifu pulled him aside (read: off the training floor) and poured generous amounts of Lavendar oil on him with the admonition to wash his uniform next time :)

No one came in stinky after that :D

6. Burnsey

Burnsey Armchair liberal

Yeah stinky people are not good. I mean you dont have to be the cleanest person in the world (if you've been training hard by the end you'll all stink anyway). This may be harsh but at my dojo if you repeatly come in smelly you get kicked out, but I don't think thats every happened before.

7. Actually if you've just worked out you'll smell *good*

Psychologically we're engineered to like the smell of fresh sweat [Except perhaps on the armpits and feet]. It shows someone works hard. What's not nice is when that fresh sweat is left to congeal over the course of about 6 hours or more. Then it smells terrible.

There's no excuse not to wash after every lesson and put on anti-perspirant before every lesson.

8. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

thats correct i think. back in the day, monkey missing link and so on, sweat contained pheromones to attract females.
    promoting survival of the fittest i guess.

so erm, next time you encounter a stinky... of forget it, its still disgusting.

9. That's what I was trying to say but didn't know the word pheremones. Heh.

On that note... Does anyone find females who train hard attractive?

10. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

We have a stinky boy in our class,
    his name is Simon
    he is Stinky Simon.

He also has really weird yellow stains on his uniform, in weird places.
    He kinda freaks me out, so I never make eye contact with him. So nobody has told him that he is stinky!

11. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

lol! stinky simon haha!

we have a couple of guys that stink too. i mean surely they are not making an effort if they are the only ones who smell!!
    i think you can tell the difference between fresh sweat and *havnt washed my dobok for 3 lessons* kinda smell. eww

12. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

we have a guy who smells pretty bad after lesson, more like a cooking onions/hamburger smell.
    The seat of his TKD trousers are a brown tinge too... it doesnt help that he's insanely flexible and when he stretches out we can still only focus on his brown patch lol.

i'm being serious when i say this, he looks like the missing mario brother, he's about 20 years old but has a full gorwn moustache!!! :bang: :D :bang:

13. tkdgirl01

tkdgirl01 Silly no more!

There was a girl that was thinking of joining at the school I go to. I was in a line with her for bag drills, and unfortunately was behind her. Everytime she kicked, I got a wicked wiff of B.O. I was even doubled over at one point, when it hit me head on. At first when I was the one holding the bag, I thought it was the bag. I was afraid I'd have to run to find the nearest trash can.

14. tkd-kicker96

tkd-kicker96 New Member

We had a guy in our class who was a blue belt. He had 2 gifts: 1. Ability to stink up the entire gym and 2. Recruit all of his stinky friends to some in for a week of intro lessons.

When I first started he was always in class and had 1 or 2 stinky friends with him. Thankfully my Master pulled them all aside and they never came back. Apparently they would rather train somewhere else than wash their clothes!! :confused:

15. Faminedynasty

Faminedynasty Valued Member

Well, in defense of stinky people, training hard doesn't make you smell great. Sometimes I train really hard, throw my uniform in a bag, get back to work in the warehouse where I sweat some more, then come back for another hard training session in my already sopping wet getup. I always apply extra deoderant and try and spray some febreeze on, but I'm sure that I still don't smell like a field of wildflowers with a fresh sea breeze in the spring. But that said, there is a line between being sweaty and being a rancid walking breathing pile of vile stench... In short, being the smelly guy. I don't think I've ever crossed that line.

16. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

There is a big difference between fresh sweat and 5 days sweat. Besides this guy at my club he also has a mixed stench of onion, taco's, and garlic. It is really disgusting.

17. tkdgirl01

tkdgirl01 Silly no more!

There's a big difference between having 1 days sweat on you, and a weeks worth of sweat on you. It's no big deal if you stink a little (it happens after class), but to make those around you feel the need to run to the nearest toilet...

18. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

We used to have this guy that kept letting rip, cutting the cheese, or farting,, if you dont understand the other 2. It was disgusting,, everytime he bent over(well almost) and when he was doing splits and things like that,, it must have been tough on the people in the row behind him! haha. Anyway, it was disgusting, and we told him about it, he didnt realise he was doing it! so he started holding it in, ,and then when it was about to erupt he would remove himself from class. lol.

19. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

LMFAO!! thats great. i have farted in class a few times and was really embrassed, only once though i think it was heard.

20. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

am i the only one getting a little paraonoid now?
    i never thought i smelt so bad in class and im sure someone would tell me...if i did... :S