Steves strongish log.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by seiken steve, Aug 29, 2011.

1. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

20/9/11

Fat bar seated OHP
    barx5
    30 x 5
    40 x 5
    50 x 5
    60 x 3,5,3

Plate front raise SS with rear delt flyes (ten reps of each, no rest between supersets)
    15/6 20/8 15/6

Machine lat raise
    Some x some

EZ skull crushers
    12.5 kg a side x 10
    10kg a side 2x10

Reverse grip press down (ten reps on each hand no rest 3 sets per arm)

2. seiken steve

21/9/11

Warm up
    Played with power bag

Neutral grip shoulder width chins

Squats
    Bar x so e
    60x5
    70x5
    80x5
    90x5
    100x3,5,3 ,1,1
    80x5

BB split squats (I suck so bad, its the stability, I found it just as hard with BW as with weight so I kept the weight low)
    30kg

Lying hamstring curls
    Some x 12,8,6,5

Leg press
    I don't know at least 110kg on each peg, it's a new gym lol
    3x6

Some preachers and crap.

3. seiken steve

So I drank way too much on Thursday, eat way to little over the weekend and just got into an on the spot eating comp (a kind of sideline hobby that I don't take to seriously but have an interest in)

Earned a few quid getting a double layer family sized chocolate fudge cake in under 2 mins 30, with no drink.

Plan from now is a 3 way split with better eating.

Monday is going to be legs, and I am going to destroy it, I'll be throwing in a few 'bodybuilder' type techniques in here like forced reps and drop sets.

Tuesday will be upper body pressing and will be very high volume with low reps, and a focus on overhead work, I can bench again but the result to risk ratio is not where I'd be willing to perform the risk.

Thursday will be Deadlifts and upper body pulling, reps will be higher and lunch may be lost!

Saturday I'm throwing in a strongman event day with some conditioning and possibly some bench variations since my pecs are getting very little stimulation, variation will be cycled around decline, close grip, 2 board and floor press.

Food is going to be cleaner and more, I'm cutting out gluten and that is it, the only 'bad foot eat is bread etc
    I'm aiming for 300g of protien on a training day and 200-250 on rest days.
    Fat I dont bother counting, just eat plenty.

The main thing for me is sleep, if I get my sleep into a regular pattern all else falls into play, especially with eating, if I get my first meal in nice and early I get enough in, if I'm having late nights and late mornings, I'm playing catch up with my food, eating crap and normally hungry when I go to bed and end up eating literally half a loaf of bread.

Not training but I like to keep you guys updated.

Keep classy MAP

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

That's some hobby for a boxer - competitive eating. After a lifetime of nearly bipolar eating tendancies, I learnt the homeostatic value of economical and frugal eating habits from my asian in-laws who love food but rarely, if ever, indulge in anything remote as bing eating or going without - they believe it sets you up later for problems, I have to agree - a bit late; however,...

BTW...German chocolate, was it?

Lets see... say £50 for a two layer family size...2 x 25cm...say does have the creamy filled centre?

I could do that...:thinking:

5. seiken steve

No cream I'm afraid, it's the gooey-ness that makes it tough, almost impossible to swallow. (this all sounds a bit odd)

I've found it can sometimes have a positive effect on my long term diets when I've been eating clean as I normally use ot as that months cheat meal if I try a challenge and it makes the 'bad food' so unpleasant I'm not looking forward to another cheat meal even though it is something I enjoy, does that make sense.

Also i'm not sure if frodo is going to love me or hate me.

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Eating that much cake in that little time earns you loads of points. However, you do lose some points because I fail to believe that you can actually savour, appreciate and give the cake the respect it deserves eating it that quickly! :D

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Not to mention time taken gives said cake time to arrive at destination...

8. seiken steve

Leg session today.

Squats
    60x5
    80x5
    100x5
    102.5x5
    110x2
    100x2
    60x6 (last 3 were a drop set)

Stif leg Deadlift (stood on a platform for a better stretch)
    60x10
    70x6
    90x5
    100x5
    60x10

DB Bulgarian split squat
    25kg DB bells 3x3 with 10 reps of BW straight after. ie
    Do 3 reps drop the DBs and keep going.

Leg press
    Bunch of warm up sets
    100kg each peg (200kg plus whatever the deck weighs)
    6 reps
    Drop set 80kg a side 5 reps
    40kg a side 15 reps.

PUMPED! No fan or aircon in new gym, proper hard to get your breath.

Did some curls and crap to draw the blood out for 5-6 mins.

Walking lunges with the fixed Barbells
    30kg up and down the gym
    40kg up and down
    Needed way more weight but w/e

9. seiken steve

Won't normally do this but here's what I've eatten today:

Breakfast 6 free range organic eggs, coffee, 6 fish oils, multivit, 1000mg vit C.

Training: peri workout shake, 120g of protien. 6 BCAA caps

Lunch: didn't have time to eat! 5 fish oil, B vit complex 1 scoop whey iso (30g pro)

Snack protien bar 25 g

2 table spoons of liquid amino's

Tea: chicken breast, salad, potato's.

2 spoons amino's

Snack: chicken breast, pesto salad.

I figure about 275g of pro, need 25 more for today's target so I'll make something soon, also carbs are too low.

10. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Its hard to eat enough when building. I have discovered sardines, they are like a fish oil and protein supplement in one. Obviously, they only work if you like the way they taste. Some brands are much better than others.

11. seiken steve

Yeah I kind of fell out of practice of carrying a tin or two on me, I wasn't for or against them just swallowed the buggers, lol.

Yeah I'm still getting the balance of food and the new college, every life change requires a new plan for getting the cals in, I'm lucky to be studying with a bodybuilder who is eating more than me so I don't become 'the kid with the Tupperware's'.

I forgot to include fruit in the above post, I also had 2 apples, 2 banana's, 3 plumbs and some grapes. I don't really count them in my daily food just get them down whenever I walk past them.

12. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

How do you calculate your macros? How different is your diet from your bb friend?

13. seiken steve

Mine is less disgusting? Lol today he took 10oz of beef strip and poured about 200ml of omega 3 oil on, gave it a shake and tucked in!

Most if the food I eat is stuff I eat very regular so I know the macro's by heart more or less, I'm not massively accurate but close enough. Today I'm sat at 290g of pro so far and I have 1-2 meals to go and I got way more carbs in (veg, and 2 cups if brown rice to mention) feel a lot better doing the many small meals.

Today's training was after 9-5 lectures so be gentle on me.

Strict standing military press
    Bar x5
    30x5
    40x4
    45x5
    50x5
    55x3
    55x1,1,1
    50x3

Push press
    60x5,3,3,3

Behind the neck push press
    60x3
    70x3
    80x2 (PR) easily had 3 but missed my traps in the way down and dropped it of the back, hurting both my wrists 2 reps is still a PR since I haven't done the move in ages.

Wrist hurt too much to do BB pressing but DBs were alright,

Incline DB press
    30kg each hand 3x6

Lying EZ skull crushers
    25kg 2x10
    20 1x10
    Weak I know but w/e
    20 a 21 set.

Machine dips SS with machine preacher
    A bunch 3x1o on preacher and 3x15 on dipper.

Was all set to be a great workout till I hurt my wrists, W/E forgot how much I liked incline DB presses, 5x3-6 next time me thinks.

14. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

Just wondering if you were eating/burning more calories. How close your diets were in terms of ratios, etc. Doesn't sound like you are that anal about it though.

15. seiken steve

Quite anal, but nothing on par with this guy lol! We went to the pub the other day and every two hours he disappeared to the car to get something from the cool box in his boot!

I've gone back to gluten free, eat 300gof protien on training days or days i'm sore, most food is veggies and animal, plus eggs. On his recommendation I'm throwing in more carbs in the form of brown rice, potato (sweet and White) and other stuff that I previously would have considered 'pointless' due to just being carb and starch with very little other stuff (vits, pro, amino's etc) In all fairness I'm a bit over 200lb and not exactly an IFBB pro, I need more of that stuff.

If I'm talking food here I may as well fill you all in lol.

As far as supps, I've always swear by BCAAs both megadoses during training and combined with meals during the day, I take 1000mg vit c (at least) lots of B vits and a multi vit a day with aproxx 1 shed full of fish oil. On top of thati add in protien powder (whey iso if I can help it) creatine and glutamine (sometimes)

I plan on starting dedicated liver.

I honestly believe that the new eating is what I need to take me to the 'next level' and this combined with the new training split should see me make some decent progress.

TLDR: eating more carbs, thinks he invented the idea, excited to pick up heavier stuff than he is.

16. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

This stuff is 90% diet. Of that 98% macro nutrients and perhaps 2% supplements. However, I am a strong believer in creatine, especially after starting my current cycle after being off the stuff for about 6 mos. I do take a pack of multi-vitamins (animal pak). Dessicated liver is an old-time lifter supplement and is a good one.

17. seiken steve

Since I'm sharing all I'll stick some goals down:

Deadlift is currently at 200kg, I'm happy taking steady steps with this one so 210kg
    Squat I'm at 130-140 kg, I have shocking leavers on this on and it is a real weakness so 140kgx5 short.
    OHP, my arm according to calculations is 57ish but I've done seated 60x6 so I'm saying 60x3
    Front squat, 100kg currently want 100kgx3
    BTN push press want 90-100 kg.

These are short term goals long term remains
    180kg squat
    225kg Deadlift
    90-100kg OHP
    140kg BTNPP
    180kgx15 shrugs.

18. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

You a strong dude. Kind of strange that your dead lift is so much stronger than your squat.

19. seiken steve

I'm 6 foot 5, with massive hands, I'm built to Deadlift and sck at squats. W/e I make sure I smash my legs with more movements than just the squats and it seems to be working.

20. seiken steve

To didly.

Pull ups (shoulder width grip palms forward)

Straight arm push down/kayak rows
    A bunch

Strength

Deadlift
    60x8
    100x6
    140x3
    160x4 (PR of sorts)
    165x1
    140x2

Deffasit deads

100x5 singles (pulling for speed)

Accesory

Chest supported T-bars
    1plate x a bunch
    2 plates 3x6
    2 plates and a fiver 1x6

Lat pull downs
    3x10

DB pull over SS with 'stretchers' (10 reps of stretchers each time weight isn't important)
    27.5 3x10

Seated incline hammer curls SS with 10 reps DB shrugs (35kg each with a good squeeze at the top)
    This is awkward the new gym doesn't have number on the weights I made a guess and went to heavy for 2x6 and then went to light for 3x12

EZ standing curls 3x10 with a tenner and 2.5 each side.

'core'

Front squat holds
    100kg x 10 seconds
    140kg 2x10 seconds

Cable abbs.
    Some