Steel Knuckle...

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Bassmonkey, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

Hi All,

I have been trawling throught the net looking at tips on sparring and came accross this:

http://www.steelknuckle.com/ebook

Anyone heard of it? Seems a bit...odd to me.

Iknow it comes back to the traditional methods are useless in real life situations yadda yadda etc....

Im not actually interested in doing the STEEL KNUCKLE CHALLENGE, just wondered if anyone had come accross it and had any thoughts on it?

Cheers

C60

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Good call SifuBen :)

4. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I swear all these con artists buy the stencils for their websites from the same place. Maybe Matt Fury is giving out classes.

5. Bassmonkey

Dammit, knew i shouldnthave put my email in

Sorry about the long post but this is what he sent:

Welcome to SteelKnuckle! Here Are The Top 10 Reasons Why Men Get Hurt InA Dangerous Situation, When Being Threatened Or WhenThey Are Involved In a Street Fight - And How To MakeSure YOU Avoid Every One Of These Deadly Common Mistakes...

Mistake #1 - YOU PANIC OR HESITATE! Have you ever noticed how many guys just FREEZEon the spot when they are being threatened? Of course you have. Do you also know what happens next? That's right ... they get HURT! Whenever someoneis in a dangerous situation, he will have DOZENS ofquestions running through his head, like... - Will this guy attack me? - What should I do? - What will he do NEXT? - Does he have a friend waiting to ambush me? - Does he have a knife? - Am I in danger? Because most guys don't have the EXPERIENCE to knowwhat to expect and what to do, a dangerous situationtakes them completely by surprise ... and they PANIC! Instead of doing SOMETHING ... they do NOTHING! They can't control the adrenaline rush, they aren't sure how to respond, they lose focus ... andthey HESITATE! If you don't ACT in that moment of TRUTH, I canguarantee you 100% ... you'll get hit, injured andend up in hospital!

Mistake #2 - YOU DON'T TAKE PRECAUTIONS If someone is arguing with you, shouting at youor insulting you, the first thing you MUST do rightaway ... is to get your guard up! I see it every week... Someone is arguing over absolutely nothing, hashad too many beers and instead of being smart he justARGUES right back ... TURNING an already heatedsituation into a dangerous threat! In a potential fight ... most guys just DON'T TAKETHE NECESSARY STEPS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES! They do the exact opposite! They FUEL the argumentby PROVOKING the other guy back and behave overlyAGGRESSIVE to show how tough they are. That's the WORST thing to do! Instead, you should take a good DISTANCE, getyour GUARD up, assume the DEFENSIVE STANCE and use"THE FENCE" to PROTECT YOURSELF! Those are the RIGHT things to do! If your opponent crosses the "Line In The Sand"(gets too close to you), you will be PREPARED becauseyou TOOK the necessary PRECAUTIONS TO SHIELD YOURSELFfrom a potential attack.

Mistake #3 - USING THE SUCKER-PUNCH "Sucker-Punch" or the "Haymaker". It's usually a hugeright-hand SWING or HOOK to the face. Everybody uses it as a their first-strike choice,and hardly anybody knows how to defend themselvesagainst it. But it's a very BAD strike! It is SLOW, PREDICTABLE and you WASTE a lot ofenergy! If you miss your target, you will not onlyhave used up a lot of stamina and power ... you willalso be WIDE OPEN to a counterattack and be completelythrown off BALANCE! The ACCURACY is VERY LOW (!) as well, sittingat nothing more than 5% ... meaning 1 in 20 Sucker-Punches will hit it's target. On top of that, you can pretty much see a"Sucker-Punch" coming from 10 miles away. If you want to hit someone ... the Sucker-PunchSHOULD BE YOUR LAST OPTION!

Mistake #4 - PUNCHING WITH YOUR FIST ... INSTEAD OF YOUR PALM The Street is different! You are not in a gym, a dojo or in a ring. That'swhy the RULES CHANGE! Your objective is to get outof a potentially dangerous situation unharmed ...as quickly as possible! Sometimes, you may need to use your fists toget there! But if you MUST strike someone, NEVER use a clenchedfist to punch. ALWAYS USE A PALMSTRIKE! The bottom half of your palm is SOLID BONE andhas a large surface area. When you hit your opponent'shead, jaw or nose ... you won't feel a thing whilehe will be KNOCKED-OUT in an instant! But your fist is made up of lots of small, individualbones that break very easily ... your knuckles beingthe most vulnerable! If you strike, it will be likepunching with individual fingers instead of a 1 WHOLEBONE like your palm. Also, ,ost guys just don't have that EXPERIENCE orTRAINING to execute a punch properly! If you hit someonehard enough with a fist to knock them down or knockthem out, you will most definately BREAK your hand! A palmstrike is easy to use, does just as muchdamage as a traditional punch and KEEPS YOU from injuring your hand!

Mistake #5 - THINKING IT TAKES MUSCLE & SIZE TO WIN A FIGHT The BIGGEST misunderstanding in our society isto think that you need BIG MUSCLES to *win* a fight. Let me clarify this once and for all: In a potential fight, the single most importantelement is SPEED! The bigger you are and the moremuscles you have ... the SLOWER you'll become.

I'll give you an example... BRUCE LEE!

Now this guy was built like a ripped toothpick:He could amass an INCREDIBLE POWER behind all hisstrikes ... and execute them at LIGHTNING-SPEED! There was no way you could catch him, blockany of his strikes or land a hit. He was justTOO FAST. I still see so many guys beefing up becausethey THINK they'll get the extra advantage ...whereas they do more harm than good. Being STRONG doesn't mean you can hit hard. In fact, most punches, kicks and takedowns willonly become powerful if EXECUTED PROPERLY! That's why TECHNIQUE & SPEED is the LETHALCOMBINATION in a fight! You won't only be ableto strike faster than your opponent can react ...one hit will be SO POWERFUL it will hurt likegetting hit by a truck!

Mistake #6 - NOT BEING PROFESSIONAL If you are in a situation where your safety(or your LIFE!) is at risk, you MUST be professionaland can't let your emotions, anger, frustration orego take over. In those 60 SECONDS before a potential fight, youneed to do EVERYTHING by the book and STAY FOCUSED!Nobody will cut you any slack, you MUST be professionalor you will get hurt! But most guys don't make the RIGHT DECISIONS in thesesituations... 1) They find it too akward to just walk away orthink they must stand up for themselves when thereis no need for it. 2) They use force when they don't have to ... or theydon't use it when they should! Being professional is what ultimately keeps youout of harms way and allows you to walk away with afew scratches ... or leaves you with a bruised faceand broken bones.

Mistake #7 - THINKING YOUR BLACK BELT WILL PROTECT YOU Guys who have been practicing a Martial Art willfall in the same trap very quickly: FEELING INVINCIBLE! I see this in a lot of Martial Artists, especiallywith new students who haven't had a lot of REAL fightingexperience. Dojos and Martial Art Schools used to be GREATplaces to learn effective Self Defense ... butunfortunately not anymore. Most have turned into Belt-Factories with onlya single purpose: Making you stay a member as LONGas possible and extracting AS MUCH MONEY along theway as they can. You will rise through the ranks very quickly,even though you might not have reached the necessarystandard to qualify. As long as you pay the fees,you'll get what you want. Obviously, you must learn an entire ARSENAL (!)of techniques, moves and takedowns that are completelyNECESSARY ... to make you keep coming back and pay up. If you are able to defend yourself on the streetwhen the **** really hits the fan isn't a TOP PRIORITYAS IT SHOULD BE! You will learn a lot of "junk" and "filler" materialthat are too complicated, confusing and not evennecessary. But it keeps FUELING your ego, BOOSTS yourconfidence and makes you BELIEVE you are now a realfighting-machine. Oh boy, this will get you in so much trouble anddanger most guys are too BLIND to see it. Even if you have a black belt ... YOU HAVEN'T BEEN PREPARED PROPERLY FOR THE STREET! Your first objective on the Street isn't to fightlike the Martial Art Philosophy teaches you ... it'sto FIND A WAY OUT 'WITHOUT' using violence first! Just because you have been practicing martial artsand have been taught how to fight doesn't mean you candefend yourself on the street! Those are TWO very different things!

Mistake 8 - ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE BULLIED Getting bullied is one of the most FRUSTRATINGthings if you don't know what to do about it. But here's where the problem lies: If people bully you ... it's YOUR fault! A bullyhas not just singled you out because he doesn't likeyou or is jealous. That's just a motive or a reason for someone tobully you ... but it's not the TRIGGER! What gives a bully the go ahead is YOU ALLOWING ITTO HAPPEN! Bullies only single a certain TYPE of person outthey are jealous about or want to pick on for whateverreason. But it's because people see you as an EASY TARGETthat won't fight back! It doesn't just happen atrandom ... You ALLOW yourself to be such a victim! It's that perception that can make your lifeFEEL miserable. It's when you don't have what I call"The Willingness To Fight" or "Cocky Confidence" thatKEEPS bullies AWAY from you! If you ever got bullied, picked on or someone hastaken advantage of you ... then we need to work onthis right away!

Mistake #9 - NOT KNOWING EXACTLY WHAT TO DO IN A FIGHT Most people don't have a mental GAMEPLANwhen they have no other option but to fight. If you don't know PRECISELY what to do next ina dangerous situation, you will get hurt. But because most people don't have a CLEAR,STEP-BY-STEP GAMEPLAN in their head that describesEXACTLY what to do ... they panic, freeze, hesitate... and end up with a banged up face. That's why you ALWAYS have to be one stepahead of your opponent who wants to harm you. It's not enough to just KNOW all the variousstrikes, kicks and takedowns you 'COULD' use ina fight. If you have too many options but no PLAN orDIRECTION where to take this fight ... everythingyou know and have practiced will become useless. you MUST know where you are going in a fightand what to do next ... or you'll be toast!

Mistake 10 - NOT GETTING HELP This is the biggest mistake of all. This is the mistake that keeps most men from EVER being able to defend themselves on the streetand in dangerous situations. I know, guys don't like to make themselves look weak or helpless. We don't like to ask for help. Hey, I've been there myself. Let me tell you a little about me and how I figured out the best ways to defend myself outthere... About seven years ago I became fed up with mymartial arts school and all the B.S. around it. I was so sick and tired of seeing studentsbeing taught what is best for the DOJO ... notwhat is best for the student.

So I quit!

One night I was out with a friend, and I saw twoguys arguing, pushing each other's chest and finallystarting to fight. One guy got steamrolled, the otherhad a broken nose. ...and they were arguing because they looked ateach other funny. Great!

I can still remember that night...right then andthere I made the decision to do whatever it took tolearn the most effective ways of self defense!

Not just the best techniques, moves and takedownsto knock a guy out instantly ... but absolutelyeverything that gets a person out of harms way. Well, after a lot of hard work and trying all kinds of crazy things, I finally figured it all out. I can not only give a guy the beating of his lifeif I really have to ... I can also walk into ANYroom and make even the biggest and toughest guythink he better not mess with me. And the best part,I don't even have to use my fists to do that. It has been a very rewarding experience. I no longer feel that sick, insecure feeling... like Imust fear for my safety when I get approached bya mean looking jerk or drunk on the street ...andI might end with blood all over me. I know that anytime, anywhere, I can go out and feel 100% safe! I've written a book on the topic, and I've done seminars on both coasts of the United States... and taught tens of thousands of men all around the world. ...But the REALLY GREAT news is that I now publish a free email newsletter three times a week that teaches guys how to defend themselves on thestreet ... with or without using force!

It's free,

I'll never share your address with anyone, and you can easily remove yourself anytime with no hassles (and no, I'll never pull any of these tricks where I send you a bunch of unwanted junk email when you try to remove yourself). Of course, it even gets better than that...

In addition to my free email newsletter, I also have a killer downloadable eBook that you can download right away and be reading it in literally MINUTES from right now. It's JAM PACKED with dozens and dozens of specific strategies for taking down an attacker,neutralizing threats, dealing with bullies,effective striking techniques, and how to makesure everybody thinks TWICE before they want to messwith you. To download your copy of this online eBook, just go here:

http://www.steelknuckle.com/ebook I've really put together what is arguably the most complete educational product on planet Earth for DRAMATICALLY increasing your Self Defense skills. I'll talk to you again soon. Your Friend, Al Steele P.S. Do some friends a favor, and FORWARD this article to their email addresses. It might be the biggest gift you ever give them.

Now click on this link for some...interesting diagrams: http://www.steelknuckle.com/ebook

Any thought? :D

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Man that's really hard to read!

7. Bassmonkey

yeah! and thats the way it came in the email too!