Stateside Road Trip

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Silentmonk, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Silentmonk

Silentmonk The Blue Donkster!!

OK the exchange thread got me thinking about this. Because of the nature of the school I study in (its an american airbase if anyone didn't know by now) we end up with a lot of students leaving and heading back to that side of the pond every year.
    Something i have been toying with for many years is coming over there to visit some of these people and hit a few Kuk Sool Schools on the way.
    So lets have the top 10 schools to train in, in the USA. Convince the MONK yours is the place to be hehe.

Ok locations that are defo on the route are, Florida Tampa (free accomodation and a few ex class members round here :) )

Houston area, theres a couple of places with posters on here i wanna check out.

I have to go to Wichita to see a little friend (sadly no Kuk Sool there tho unless anyone knows different :) )

Vegas, ok thats not Kuk Sool either, but anyone wanna watch me lose money :D

Yes i know this is becoming one helluva trip and is gonna be a lengthy one, anyone have relatives who are pilots?? i need cheap flights lol

Oh i have possiblity of Hawaii too so something West coast would be good.

I know this has kinda been done before in what would you like to learn and off who threads. If you think its a repeat, then feel free remove it Wolf. But this is more about places of interest near Kuk Sool schools. I plan to do one massive trip and catch as much as possible. So sell your country to me. :D

2. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

Well if your coming to the states,
    You have to go to the HQ!!! I have heard good things about some of the Texas schools...Master Roper comes to mind, he makes beautiful swords from what I hear...http://www.kuksool-kingwood.com/
    There are some Kong Shin Bup schools around too that teach Kuk Sool Hapkido before it was Kuk Sool Won, and the break ups occured. I know that is a sore subject and probably not somthing you all would do, but I am a member of NKMAA, and GM Timmerman is a great guy...
    Take care,
    --Josh

3. Silentmonk

Hehe,Do i have to go to HQ lol

GM Timmerman I have heard is a great guy, but yeah the monk would never get involved in messy politics. Hmmmmm don't leave MAP tho, i may wanna PM ;)

Houston time is limited really, so that will probably be taken up trying to convince Ember and Coyote I am not the person she makes me out to be, and hopefully finally meeting the whole family Harmon. Oh,and cashing in a homebrew ticket i picked up on here. :)

4. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

Come to the SF school. It'll be fun. Lots of sights to see and good training.

5. ember

ember Valued Member

Try to convince me you're not a friend? :Angel:

If I knew about the airbase, I'd forgotten it. That's cool, I get AF people. Or did I not mention being an AF brat?

http://www.militarybrat.com/dandelion.cfm

If my seniors don't take all your time, and ye let me know, mayhap we could treat you to lunch or something.

6. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

LOL I am not going anywhere, to much info here!
    --josh

7. Silentmonk

The friend bit wasn't the bit in question, its the womaniser you seem to have me down as, god if only you knew the sad truth lol

I'm not actually in the airforce, I just happen to help teach in a school thats on a USAF base in blighty. Lunch would be my treat if the trip comes off though. Lots of hard saving to do before then, and we will be coming back in mass in 2008 for the worlds. So i need to save for that too. lol

8. Silentmonk

San Fran was my ideal stop off if i do the hawaii bit of the trip. Please note however, sadly I do not come equipped with quite the same engine as my instructor and will need to sleep occassionally. hehe ;o)

9. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

He is a monster. You'd probably want to stay in the city, but if you want to save some money pm me when the time comes for your trip.

10. Silentmonk

cool, thanx won't be for several months yet tho. :eek:)

11. ember

ember Valued Member

Oh that. I've had lots of friends that were harmless flirts. Or at least, harmless as wasps (leave them alone and you're fine).

Nah, I caught that. I've never served either, it's just that when ye grow up around stuff, ye learn a lot.

Though... not the same things as my jumpy friend's big sister. She spent lots of time at the base dormitories...

We'll see.

12. PopeCoyote

PopeCoyote The words of the fool

EH? You need'nt worry about me thinking that. I'm a guy myself. I know that the way guys talk sometimes can be mis-interpreted by the fairer sex.

13. JSun

JSun Valued Member

I'm 5 mins. from my dojang, 20 mins. from the Harmon's school and 35 minutes from HQ. I've got an extra room in my house and if you're into womanizing I've got plenty of friends who'd love to go out and let you try your hand at some of the game in Houston. I started the exchange thread, so I'm stepping up with the invite. Let me know if your interested.

14. Silentmonk

Another much appreciated offer, think i have the houston accom sorted with another ex class member is very close to there.But i will keep it as a safety if you don't mind :) will be trying to hook up with as many MAP soolers as possible tho when i'm there just for a night out and a laugh so will keep you informed. We are talking possibly 9 months away tho i just started this thread to see what and who was about. I am a very careful planner lol it takes me time :)

15. gaz27

gaz27 New Member

:Alien: OH MY GOD :Alien: :Alien: havent you guys in the U.S.A got enough troubles without inviting slentmonk over.i'm one of the lucky ones, i've met him and survived the experiance. :bang: :bang: wot am i saying :bang: :bang: please have him over to stay for as long as you want. :D :D
    be warned, his favorite film is DELIVERANCE.

gee you got a pritty mouth .....lol :D

16. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

I'm sure he will behave, otherwise his instructor might make him do 500 laps of lunges around that track they have.

17. Silentmonk

He'd make me do more than that if i messed around in Houston or San Fran i think. I'd be there till i was grey and old. Hmmm not that long looking in the mirror then. :(

18. JSun

JSun Valued Member

I've never been able to look at Ned Beatty the same way after seeing that movie. Good thing he didn't get a reputation and continue to be typecasted... :D

SEEEEEEWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

19. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

anyone coming over to london, is welcome at my flat and in my class. just say the word and i'll blow up the inflatable bed.
    this invite goes out to the uk as well as to the usa and korea.

20. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

Well monk, you'd be more than welcome here. Except my Dojang is an hour and a half drive each way from where I live.