Starting my own school in a few months - need advice

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Dalia Calypso, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Dalia Calypso

Dalia Calypso Valued Member

The boxing club which I've partnered with is really supportive as well.

Looks like my main instructor (and others from the gym) are supportive.My main instructor actally joined our facebook group (for the gym) and all. I am soon getting my green belt in kickboxing and blue belt in jiu jitsu. In our kickboxing gym you can start teaching by the time you get your green belt, and blue belt in jiu jitsu.

2. Dalia Calypso

Starting with judo this week. Going to be fun. I am attending therapy for my legs, also using sports tape and doing squats to build up the muscles along the knee cap helps a lot.

Only 1 person showed up for the self defense course. This guy signed up for MMA class.

People seem to be happy and very motivated. 9 people showed up for the first class and 4 have signed up. Quite a few of them have done martial arts before and thought it was great training. Doing a lot light sparring, defensive blocking and some counters for now.

A lot of very friendly people joining us. One of them is an immigrant worker who confessed he was very isolated and lonely before but that MMA training has helped him find motivation in life. Which makes me incredibly happy.

No longer really nervous either teaching.

I think the contract I've made is quite fair. The contract is as simple as possible (2 pages long), and the rights of the student includes:

* 3 months where you can freeze the account for no reason (I attended classes previously where this was a no-no-topic and difficult to arrange)

* Cancel the contract if you are moving or health is ill

* During 24 hours after signing the contract the student can contact me and and cancel the contract if he has second thoughts

I want to add more rights for the student if it seems practical. Suggestions?

3. Kobudo

Kobudo Valued Member

4. Dalia Calypso

No, but I think the instructor will feel I've earned when he sees I hang with the rest of the blue belts. And for some reason if we compete he has a tendency to give out blue belts faster. I think it is a bit stupid but oh well.

5. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

You joke, but you could probably make alot of money doing that, you just have to get rid of your integrity.