starting my own club

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by theviper, Mar 28, 2009.

1. theviper

theviper Valued Member

hello to all that read this

i am looking into starting my own club up and i dont know which association to go to. i have hold my 1st Dan in shotokan i have look at some association and i need 2 dan grades to be able to grade at my own club and others stay i need to pay them loads of money when i do grade my students so i dont have a clue can any one tell me some good association i can look at please

thank's for reading this

Pete

2. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

3. mike.Budo

mike.Budo Valued Member

Greetings each
    I do some cross training with a Shotokan club . I can get some info to you via them .If you wish .

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Could you not ask your teacher and kep within the same organisation? or is it a bit more ahem complicated.

5. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

This is the main thing to consider , also why do you want to teach?

6. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

How do you expect to be able to maintain a business if you write they way you do? If you are going to ask people here for serious questions, please take the time to writer a grammatically correct question.

That said, I think you should wait until you're a 2nd Dan Black Belt before considering your own school. If you want to teach, work something out in the school you're in. Do you really want to teach, or are you looking for the income?

7. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

yea i think it might be better to wait till atleast 2nd dan but i dont know ur skill level and stuff, me personally i wouldnt want to start my own school as a shodan i still feel like there is so much that i still want to learn from my sensei, i would not mind teaching if he asked me to but i still feel like there is so much that i want to keep learning before i try to run somewhere on my own. Plus opening my own school isnt something that has been a priority for me so that might be part of the reason i just enjoy still learning from people that has so much more experience from me, i would just say though if u start ur own school be careful i see schools all the time start for a little while then they dissapear for whatever reason.

Last edited: May 13, 2009