starting jujitsu

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by karate P.belt 2, Aug 5, 2005.

1. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

I was thinking of starting jujitsu I allready know a little (what they taught me in karate class) but I wanted to get more serious with it. anyways I do shotokan karate what style of jujitsu would you suggest?

2. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

First up, you don't know a little :p Second, go do what interests you the most and what you feel adds the most to your Karate. Go check out what's available near you. :)

3. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

how do I not know a little jujitsu? my class taught me some jujitsu for street fights

4. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

But that knowledge is probably very limited. You might want to consider which way you want to go. BJJ or JJJ. BJJ emphasizes groundwork, while JJJ focusses more on a broader spectrum.

5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Before you decide what style to study; it might be a better idea if you look around for what's available in your area.

6. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

he said, "a little," which implies he knows his knowledge is very, "very limited."

7. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Why do you want to train in it? Is there a specific reason? Is it to become a more rounded martial artist or to help understand Shotokan karate kata bunkai?

8. ivica

ivica New Member

Don't train jujutsu :)
    I once tried it and look what it did to me :D

9. Kimura

Kimura New Member

i trained in shotokan for four years until the bjj school opened up across the street :D i love it but i would suggest just trying the classes and decide on which one u want. and please if u do try a class dont be one of the guys that tries to slam everyone thos are the worst...