StarCraft

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by PsiCop, Apr 1, 2005.

1. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

Does anyone else here still play this timeless classic? I've been playing for 6 years and I'm still not sick of it. Battlenet isn't as active as it used to be, but there's still thousands of games going on at any given time. I'm still really into it, so if anyone wants to play, just PM or e-mail me. My SN is PsiCop :cool:

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

The last time i played this was about 2 years ago when i finally, managed to get the expansion pack "Brood Wars".
    I still have it and as soon as I fix up my computer I'm back blasting Zergs!

3. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Oh. Man. I used to be so addicted to Starcraft...it wasn't even funny. Then to FORCE myself to stop playing I lent my CD to a friend and told him never to give it back to me. I haven't played since....but how I miss the days of a good tank drop or 6 ling rush...ahh memories.

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I liked it lots, haven't played it for a while though. Has anyone heard anything new about StarCraft: Ghost? It seems to be MIA and I want it!

5. Jester

Jester I elbow, therefore I am.

Heh funny that I see this post. I actually just reinstalled it. None of the newer games have caught my eye so I am playing Starcraft and Final Fantasy Tactics again :) The classics NEVER die!!

6. geves

geves Valued Member

well according to EGM. the original development team making star craft ghost got canned. a new team (the people behind metal arms) took over and didn't know what the hell was going on. so they scrapped it and they're building it from the ground up (restarting the entire game).

my opinion, this game will pull a castlevania on dreamcast. get 80% completed then get cancelled. if they don't end up quiting or cancelling the project. you'll still have a good year at least to wait...sorry for breaking the bad news to ya sever

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Damn! :woo: Oh well, I've got the new Splinter Cell arriving tomorrow for my stealth fix so I'm sure I'll survive

8. Omicron

Omicron is around.

I'm a little skeptical of Starcraft: Ghost, but Blizzard has a pretty solid reputation for making good games (as long as you ignore Warcraft Adventures), and so if they do ever manage to finish the Ghost I suppose it should be a decent game.

9. PsiCop

I would prefer StarCraft 2 over Ghost. However, that isn't happening any time soon. It'll happen someday, but not now unfortunately.

10. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Yeah! I'm SOOOO getting Starcraft 2, whenever it comes out. I wish they'd start developing it! It's long overdue.

11. ilikeitraw

ilikeitraw New Member

Dood... Starcraft... Baaaaaaaaaad...... :bang:
    2 years of my life... gone ! Hahaha... it was fun though.

Ahh... the late night zerg rush training with the Korean's... I learned so much :rolleyes:

!!! MY LIFE FOR AUIR !!!

12. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Guys...we need to stop talking about this before I end up reinstalling it! I feel myself sliding into a relapse already...

13. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

I played until I lost my CDs. I can't wait for Starcraft: Ghost, myself. I hope it'll be as good as it can be.

14. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

StarCraft was... nay, IS great. Ah the fun of working your way up the tech tree with the Protos or Terrans... only to be utterly decimated by a HUGE SWARM of Zerg. Good times, good times. :D :woo: :Alien:

15. DaveMustaine

DaveMustaine New Member

Same for me. That stupid freakin game was ruining my life. I'll never touch that game again because I know if I do, my life as I know it will go out the window.

16. Omicron

Omicron is around.

It was even better to be the swarm of Zerg. Or how about being Protoss and using a dark archon to steal a terran and zerg worker, and go for the massive three race victory??!! Yeah. That was always awesome.

17. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Some Mod PLEASE close this thread! I'll never finish Xenosaga if these guys talk me into playing Starcraft again! :D

18. Omicron

Omicron is around.

You know you want to start again....come on. Remember all the good times? How 'bout the sound tanks make going into seige mode? Or having just a few firebats totally flame a huge number of zerglings? Arbiters recalling a huge squad of carriers right into the middle of an enemy base???

I can't resist anymore. I need to find my CD.

19. PsiCop

Mwahaha, looks like some people are giving into the temptation. We should play hehe.

20. Omicron

Omicron is around.

I'm down...I just need to find my CD and then get my skills back. That's it. It's official. I give in. Starcraft, here I come!