Star Wars: Episode III Game

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by PsiCop, May 7, 2005.

1. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

I got this yesterday and am very impressed. The gameplay reminds me of the Lord of the Rings action games. It contains 12 minutes of footage from the movie and it is overall very fun. There's tons of unlockables and a levelling up system similar to the LotR games. The duels are awesome. It's the best lightsaber fighting ever in a video game. It puts the Jedi Knight series to shame in the lightsaber department.

Has anyone else played this? If you haven't, I strongly recommend it to anyone who likes Star Wars or a good action game.

2. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

Well, I LOVED Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy (Especially with the Force 2 and 3 mods!) so if it upstages the saber fighting, then it is a must for me to get.

3. PsiCop

Indeed, JK2 and Jedi Academy were two favorites of mine as well. I highly recommend it. It's better in the sense that there's so many more exotic lightsaber styles to choose from rather than Jedi Knight's "hard, medium, fast, double-edged, 2 sabers". The lightsaber styles in those games, aside from the latter two, were pretty basic. Now, each character has their own unique style. For example, Obi-Wan is very traditional, yet witty. Anakin is very fast and fluid, with a hint of arrogance in his technique. Mace Windu uses very powerful strikes and blocks. Dooku is almost like a duelist, often using only one hand.

All of the characters aside from Obi and Ani are unlocked through the course of the game, and are then playable in the 2 player versus mode, which is pretty cool.

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  4. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

I've played "LEGO Star Wars, The Video Game", which has ep1, 2 & 3 in it, but everything is lego!! :D Now that is a cool game!

I still feel the best Star Wars game is Knights Of The Old Republic (the original first, closely followed by "The Sith Lords") ;) Pucker games

5. PsiCop

I played Lego Star Wars too. It was a fun and cute little game. Not much complexity, but it was pretty fun. It also had some funny moments. They're actually making a Lego version of Star Wars Episode III, and it airs on Cartoon Network on Sunday in the US. It's called Revenge of the Brick. Looks to be pretty funny. Similar to the humor found in the game. ;)

6. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

i just ordered jedi academy after i borrowed JK2 off a friend and thought it was awesome :cool: hopefully academy will be even better, you can't go wrong for £12. I don't know if i'll get this latest one, maybe some time in the 3 and a half months of summer holiday i have between college and uni :D

7. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I have Lego Star Wars for the Gameboy Advance and it is stupidly funny :p

Using 'The Force' to manipulate lego bricks is the best thing ever :love:

8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Lego Star Wars is great. I'm really hoping the sequel with the original trilogy happens - imagine the "Luke, I am you father" scene in Lego sign language! :D

9. PsiCop

Haha, I liked how the little faces changed to the different Lego faces depending on what they were thinking.