Star Trek series poll

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jsmith, May 18, 2006.

?

What is the best Star Trek series?

1. The Old Series: I like my men manly and my women groovy

9.8%
  2. The Animated Series: I dig badly drawn aliens and 50 ft dragons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Next Generation: I love that bald head

23.5%
  4. Deep Space Nine: I like my Star Trek dark

31.4%
  5. Voyager: 7 of 9 really does it for me

5.9%
  6. Enterprise: Two words: No Holodec

15.7%
  7. All of them: Sophies choice was easier!

2.0%
  8. None of them: You nerds give martial artists a bad name ... besides Lord of the Rings rules!

11.8%
  1. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

ok, my first attempt at this poll didn't go so well, so here it goes again:

I see we have a best Star Trek captains poll, but no series. I'm really curious what series people like the best, so vote away. I gave an option for heathens who don't like Star Trek as well, but I'm sure that's not necessary.

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

It has to be DS9, Sisko was a badass! :cool:

3. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

DS9 i felt it had great story lines and i loved the huge battle at the end when you got to see the station turn into a war machine lol :D

*geek rant over

4. Nomadwanders

Nomadwanders Valued Member

The next generation was great with Picard at the helm. DS9 started slow, but IMO had the best writing of any of the series in the last few seasons. Have to go with DS9 overall.

7 of 9 was the best reason to watch Voyager... no question :D

5. Incredible Bulk

showing my geek side but Quark used to make me laugh as a growing kid :D

6. kano junior

kano junior Uchi-Monster!!

Nerds!!!!!!!

7. Incredible Bulk

says you posting on the an internet message board :D

8. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

I grew up with the original (yes, some of us are that old), but I went for Next Gen on the poll.

No particular interest in bald heads, but I do have a thing for Betazoid women ;)

Data is always good for a laugh - especially when he doesn't aim for one (and that's includiling the kidelys) :D ... and I must be a heathen when it comes to poetry, 'cause I thought "Ode to Spot" was brilliant. *Link to Cat Thread*

9. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

the Original is the best by such a long way !!!!

10. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Apart from a few episodes DS9 was a snoozefest until they brought in the Jem Ha'dar and the whole Dominion war saga. Amazing, what's not to like about a self-replicating mine field? :D

My pants filled when the baddies found a way to detonate all the mines without them replicating paving the way for them to come through into the Alpha quadrant. :love:

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I'm bald, nuff said.

12. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Having just watched the whole of Serenity / Firefly, all I can say about Star Trek is "meh".

If I had a favourite, it'd be TNG though.

13. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

The original was kind of a tongue in cheek comedy. I had great laughs watching that and they dressed thier women in the best uniforms too :D .

The Next Generation turned it into a serious sci fi franchise. It was one of the first special effects driven series to get it right and had some great characters too.

DS9 was pretty good but Sisko a badass? You never saw Spencer for hire when he used to play Hawk did you? I give it bonus points for sending Sisko and Dax back to the tribble episode from the original series and dressing Terry Farrel in the original female uniform :D !

Voyager never should have been made!!!

Enterprise was a great series and I loved the idea of going back to the begining and doing a serious take with good special effects. Jolene Blalock has no clue how to play an emotionless Vulcan but she still looks great in spandex. Hoshi (Linda Park) actualy studies martial arts, I'll have to dig up a pic for the babes thread!

Hard to pick a favorite as they all had such different feels but definatly not voyager and probably not DS9.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  14. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

DS9 had the best character development and characters, storyline, and epic battle scenes.

15. DarthSciurus

DarthSciurus Valued Member

Next Gen, fo' sheezy. Closely followed by the original. I sadly haven't seen any Voyager, but I haven't really heard much good about it. DS9 is more of a soap opera than a sci-fi >.<. Enterprise... meh. Decent, but pales in comparison with the older ones.

There's an animated Star Trek? Does that even work? o_O

16. Incredible Bulk

what were the tiny fluffy ball things that klingons were allergic to?!

i laughed my ass off on that episode where Worf had huge spots :D

17. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Tribbles! :)

[​IMG]

18. xen

xen insanity by design

i remember watching the OS when i was a nipper; loved it.

it's aged now, but jim was the man, i mean who else could down aliens with those wild roundhouse punches? :D

(and unless your names 'scotty', don't take the red shirt on the away mission
    :eek: )

all of them have their merits, but i do have a soft spot for voyager (yes, even the ones before 7 of 9 joined the crew :p)

there was something cool about the ship itself (if i'm honest, i think my 'geek' button switched on 'cos the ships computer was one mega neural net :eek: )

19. Topher

Topher allo!

Lame!!!!

lol. i'm a troll :D

20. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

What's a star trek? :confused: