Stand up styles/MMA in Nottingham

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by sn11, Sep 3, 2009.

1. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

I posted similar to this in the MMA forum but figured I'd post again in schools and teachers bit.

Looking to try a few new things that I've not done before before I go back to university. So looking up for any places in Nottingham that train in something similar too:

MMA
    Muay Thai
    Kickboxing (Designed with adults... I'd prefer not to have the kiddy class mentality)

Maybe some ground fighting styles?

Its more for me at the minute to see what else there is out there and what I may enjoy more than what I am doing at the moment.

I've looked at Bushido MMA but I've basically been told if you're not of athlete level already you shouldn't come to the classes.

Thanking you.

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

There is Muay Thai at Nottingham Trent University I believe.

Mitch

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Nottingham is replete with martial arts. Plenty of Thai and MMA if memory serves.
    I used to train at "the gym with no name" (very briefly). Not sure if that's still going?

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Maybe the BJJ acts as the intro? but is does say MMA beginners too?

http://www.bushido-mma.co.uk/timetable.html

http://www.nottinghambjj.co.uk/

Nottingham BJJ Club seem to sub rent, to have a word with them,
    it may let you catch the level of the training, and give you a good foundation.

5. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

I had looked into that. But I'm mainly after the stand up styles or something with both (MMA)

The building in general it seems is meant for the UFC semi-pro style rather than someone just after a bit more fitness.

I've found a few places and and thanks for everyones help still looking for the more MMA stylized places in stand up though.

Cheers