Spot the MAPers

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Alansmurf, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

tty hard to know who they are at the moment! And bystanders would be more likely to try and help pin aggresors if they knew who they were. My 2

And watching myself in the videos, oh boy do I make a LOT of mistakes. Like... a shameful number. But hey, least I won't be such an eejit next time ;P.[/QUOTE]

Nice steps :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Nice steps :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Atre that little dance number at the end has had me and Chris in stitches. :evil:

But, it is perfectly normal. It is one thing to fight when you are actually being attacked (and a lot of people will quite naturally cower under the intensity of it), it is something else mentally to go and engage in a vicious looking fight in front of you. The decision making process do I, don't I, is reflected in your body language at the end there and also the indecision as to which group to join, if you join at all.

I deliberately put you in an observer position or passive position more than an active defendant position because this was your first time working in such large groups. Looking back at where you were on Fish's visit and where you are now, your comfort zone is much much bigger.

3. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Is the bouncer suppose to act that aggressive toward the combatant? It looked as if the bouncer assisted in double teaming the attacker.

4. Alansmurf

OBEwan which clip ?

Smurf

5. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

This one- "Sim Day 4 Second Bar Scenario"

6. John Titchen

I think Smurf as the bouncer might have got a bit carried away at the end there. :)

7. John Titchen

PS Obewan, although I got people to role play as bouncers to my knowledge none of them has got thier licence to work as a bouncer or had the appropriate training. :)

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Sounds like my kind of bouncer. :)

9. Alansmurf

Anyone fighting was fair game ... The Pinkster was the initiator of the whole brawl and I tried to subdue him him first ... he struck me and henceforth was fair game ... then Paw decided to hit him too ... I thought I distrubited my Judge dread response evenly to both of them .... multiple strikes to subdue their will to fight ...

Great fun ... got some good bruises out of it ..

Smurf

10. Alansmurf

PArt deux coming up ... any MAPers going along on the 3rd June ?

its your chance to hit me back !!

Smurf

11. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I want to go, but I'm currently in the process of moving so I can't make any commitments at the moment. If I get the chance though I'll be there!

12. Alansmurf

You are after revenge ....I can feel it in the ether !!!!

LARF :ARF :ARF

I am ready for your evil weight lifting techniques this time ....

EvilSmurf

13. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I'm very keen but I've "done a Frodo" and knackered my back. With luck it'll be healed up enough by then.

14. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Poor bunny! Want to borrow my ladybird heat pack?! :)

Although, I suppose, more correctly speaking 'doing a Frodo' should be 'I've knackered my back, ankle, neck, shoulders and knee'! :bang:

15. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Ladybird! :D Want! :D :D

Poor Frodo. Most of us just want to heal up and continue. It sounds as if you want to clone, copy consciousness across to new body and start over!

16. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I've been hassling my genetics friend to do that for years, but so far, no progress! :bang:

And...

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intelex-Cozy-Plush-Microwaveable-Warmer/dp/B001WLZBPU/ref=pd_sim_d_4"]Intelex Cozy Plush Microwaveable Warmer - Ladybird: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty[/ame]

17. Alansmurf

Bump:woo:

18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

This thread has some good discussion on self defence so I thought I'd move it here as it seemed a better fit than Off Topic.

So come on JWT, when are the next available training dates?

Mitch

19. John Titchen

I'm running three 'special' training dates over the festive break to give people the opportunity to feel less guilty about their gluttony.

I am only using a small training room for these, so space is very limited. No 'pitching up on the day' - people need to arrange attendance with me in advance.

Friday 28 December Training 1400-1600
    2 hour DART class
    £12
    Drills and pad work.

Sunday 30 December Training: 1300-1800
    Advanced Tactics Simulation Day
    £40
    A five hour seminar looking at the tactics of one on one through to two on one encounters in small obstacle filled environments. The training will be predominantly slow work allowing the exploration of possibilities and examination of tactics, with varied levels of contact and speed according to student choice. Armour will be made available but not all the training will be armoured. In addition to the simulation training there will be drill coaching and pad work.
    Aims:
    Improved multiple opponent tactical awareness
    Improved close quarter combative ability
    Improved HAOV telegraph identification
    Improved reaction time against HAOV
    Improved striking ability
    Psychological conditioning for combative impact
    Post Christmas / Pre New Year's Eve fat reduction
    Places are limited due to the size of the venue, the equipment and the nature of the training. To secure your place contact me.

Thursday 3 January Training 1400-1600
    2 hour DART class
    £12
    Drills and padwork.

I haven't yet booked any 2013 dates for either Scenario Simulation Training or regular Self protection training yet. Interested parties should get in touch asap to let me know their availability.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012