*SPOILERS* Bodog Results *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Sever, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I've not had a stream or PBP on this, but here are the results as they've been coming in. More details when I get them

Josh Curran def Jarno Nurminen by TKO RD 3

Rodrigo Damm def Santino Defranco Submission (Rear Naked Choke) RD 2

Bill Mahood def Steve Steinbeiss by Unanimous Decision

Roman Zentsov def Kristof Midoux by TKO (Corner Stoppage between rounds)

Amanda Buckner def Hitomi Akano by Decision (Unanimous)

Jorge Santiago def Andrei Semenov by TKO RD 2

Aleksander Emelianenko def Eric Pele by KO (Punch) RD 1

Nick Thompson def Eddie Alvarez by TKO RD 2

Fedor/ Lindland's happening at the moment, I think
    This sucks! No one's got a clue what's actually happening, everyone's just refreshing the results pages on news pages, no PBP's nothing. Next time there's a big fight in Russia, I'm putting one of my news monkeys on a plane and getting him a mobile phone :bang:

YES! Fedor derails the upset train. Fedor by armbar, round one

Update: it sounds like Fedor absolutely dominated, like everyone expected (though with the recent spate of ridiculous upsets, I was a little worried). Apparently he took Lindland down, passed his guard easily, and took the arm for the finish in 2:38

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  2. stump

stump Supersub

lol sanity is restored! :)

3. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

yessssssss. now then, Mirko should have no problem next week :D

4. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Wow..

Very good to hear that Fedor is still Fedor...I'm surprised he dominated, Lindland fought a split decision with Rampage and has only been submitted 1 other time in the third round by Bustamante...

Pretty telling that he did what Rampage could not in 3 minutes...

Aleks seemed to have retained his great striking, was likely a nice slugfest.

Alvarez lost? He seemed to have some nice striking and I figured he would at least get a KO by round 3

Anyone have a link to the fights?

5. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Fedor saith unto him, "Apotheosis, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

6. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

That actually made me laugh out loud

7. BigRed389

BigRed389 Valued Member

That's because Lindland smelled. Or so I hear. :D

8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Just watched the fight:

I think Lindland gave a better account of himself than the original word from Russia made out, but he was still totally outclassed. He only really landed one punch, but it was right on Fedor's right eyebrow and caused a pretty nasty cut. After that punch, he clinched, scored double-underhooks and tried to slam Fedor who got caught up in the ropes before blocking the takedown and reversing Lindland with a gorgeous throw. Once it hit the ground, Lindland was clearly out of his depth being on his back under Fedor, who immediately went for an achilles lock and almost had it before moving straight back to mount and taking the arm. Lindland tried to block it by grabbing his shorts, but Fedor repositioned and cranked the arm so much Lindland screamed
    I don't really think that comparing the Emilianenko fight to the Rampage fight means much - aside from the fact that Rampage didn't have a proper training camp for that match and that they're both very different fighters, Lindland was just way out of his weight class for the Fedor match. I don't know how the hell he weighed in at 212lbs, he looked the same as when he fought Rampage, which was about 202 - maybe less - and it was clear that Fedor was miles stronger than him as well as just plain better
    Fight of the night for me was Aleksander Emilianenko vs Eric Pele - Aleks' standup's not looked better and he seems to be adding a lot of muay thai to his game now he's switched training camps. He's improving at a serious rate and if it continues, he'll be a very very scary dude this time next year. At least he will if he spends some time working on his cardio. It's not the worst he's gassed, but he was showing signs of slowing down halfway through the first
    Also: Bodog's ring-side camera crew need to be fired. Most of the Pele/ Aleks fight, both fighters were headless

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  9. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Huh?

10. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

His standup has never looked better...

I have a question as to the whole "ropes" controversy...anyone think it drastically changed the way the fight went?

11. Sever

Sever Valued Member

His standup has never looked better, to wit, his striking was the best I've seen from him so far
    Not even slightly. If you watch the fight, you'll see that Fedor unintentionally gets his arm wrapped over the top rope as Lindland pushes him at them, and shortly afterwards, when everyone swears he grabbed the rope, he really doesn't. His hand rests on it, but never closes around it. The ref was being a bit OTT by slapping at Fedor and yelling about the rope, but he never actually held it. After they were away from the ropes, Lindland tried to initiate a takedown, which Fedor blocked by wrapping his leg and then threw him
    I don't think it affected the outcome of the fight at all. Even if Lindland HAD wound up on top, he just didn't have the strength to actually do anything with it, Fedor would've reversed it pretty damn quickly

12. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

Just watched the Aleks/Pele fight. Aleks standup looks much improved. I liked how he measured up and picked his shots, didn't punch himself out trying to finish. I didn't feel Aleks was that gassed at all. He slowed down a bit, but his strikes still looked pretty crisp. The announcers made it sound like a more competitive fight than I thought it really was. I don't think Pele was playing possum. I think he was just outclassed by Aleks.

13. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

14. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

15. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Really a shame, about Fedor breaking the upset streak. I was about to see if I could sign up for the next UFC or Pride card, just 'cause I knew I finally stood a chance! :D

Seriously, though, does anyone have any vids of the event? Fedor-Lindland is a match I'm particularly interested in, just 'cause. Lindland's a warrior for even stepping up, man. Fighting arguably the best fighter PFP in MMA, who fights two weight classes higher than you typically do? That's guts.

It's a shame to hear about the production quallity. Maybe it'll improve soon?

16. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Search dailymotion , that's where I found the vids

17. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

18. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Missed him grabbing Fedors shorts as well...

Point being little things like rope grabs and grabbing shorts happen all the time

19. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

I agree. It's just that this was a fight where everyone knew Fedor would go in there and dominate, then that was exactly what he did. But for some reason there was "controversy" over him grabbing a rope, even though A: he didn't, B: his opponent did, and C: Wanderlei Silva grabs ropes all the time and NO ONE cares.

20. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Fedor is the best! The controversy is overinflated but controversies happen all the time. I think that definitive fights are slightly more the exception, especially in big matches.

MOVING ON I think Lindland was a fool to take that fight cuz Fedor is wayyyy to tough for him. A li'l skillled man may beat a big guy unless that big man is also skilled.

I'm more worried that this fight will be the beginning of Fedor reorienting his career towards contracts w/ promotions that may not bring him the best competition.