Spike

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Maverick, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Has anybody tried this?

It sounds too good to be true, well, at least too good not to harbour long-term side effects.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Too good to be true?

Sounds like SPEED with a fancy label. :rolleyes:

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I was thinking the same thing. It doesn't sound like anything I'd want to take

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Sounds iffy...

"Hey, here's this really cool training supplement, but I can't tell you what it is, because its a secret. Just take it, go on. Oh, but don't take more than 3, or else your a bonehead"

:rolleyes:

5. spacepimp

spacepimp Valued Member

Never put anything into your body if you are not 100% sure of what it is...

6. Maverick

Maverick New Member

It does sound dodgy, yeah. It IS t-nation though. Hmm.

If it is as good as they say, then I can't blame them for not disclosing the ingredients. (Although isn't this a legal obligation? :confused: ) But....

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

They've filed for a patent and don't want to give away what it is. Safe to say that it has been developed by some of the most keen and knowledgable people in the bodybuilding/strength industry, so it isn't just going to be speed with another label. Try reading the posts on the thread, it gets pretty interesting.

In my experience with t-nation (reader of every article for about a year, reader of the forums and keen back-reader!) I have found them to be only interested in making quality supplements first, money second. Most of the contributing coaches (many of whom are very high up in the strength and conditioning world) seem to think it's pretty awesome and not one person has come back saying that it is just another name for something else. If it was from another manufacturer I would be pretty pessimistic, but I can't help thinking that this could be a fantastic supplement. I know they have been working on it for a number of years in the labs which have produced some other amazing supplements. I would love to see some of the research done on it.

Maverick - they do have the ingredients there, but they don't disclose how they put them together/activate them which is the key thing here.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  8. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

In speaking with a few people who have taken it (I'm waiting for my free sample), they all seem to love it but noticed a diminshed effect of it after about a month of taking it. They didn't say it quit working, just the effects weren't quite as pronounced.

9. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Thanks for the input guys. I heard they don't ship to the UK, yet there is a country select on the shipping address form, I'm guessing they do now?

Blessed - maybe they should try taking a week or two off, and see if it returns to full effect?

10. Ad McG

Some others have reported that, although Tim Patterson told everyone that it shouldn't happen. Maybe it's just a phsychological thing :confused:

11. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Let me know how you get on, id love to give it a go, yet also being in the UK i think ill wait till UK distributors get their hands on it.

12. Ad McG

You're seventeen mate, there's really little need.

13. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

I want to try their new protein bar but I live in Canada eh?

14. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

i get tired like the rest of us :eek:

15. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

"A SPEED with a label" lol now that would be awesome,
    don't be so quick to judge Yoda, you haven't even tried it.

As blessed said after a while effects diminish, EVEN if you make few days break. I lied down the stuff for 6 days, took today 3 pills which is the absolute max you should take, and still the effects were NOWHERE near first couple a times I used it. Maybe it’s only on psychological base, but who cares?
    I personally think it’s a good product, but I think I’ll make a major break of a month or so b4 I touch it again.
    Definitely try it if you can. 100% safe.

16. Ad McG

Something to be solved with sleep, not a pickmeup :rolleyes:

17. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

As usual, there's no reason to even consider a supplement like this if you don't already eat 4-6 times per day, sleep more than 7 hours each night, and take a daily multi-vitamin.

With that said, as far as "energy supplements" go, Sportpharma used to make an insane formula called Thermadrene (it's now discontinued). I stacked it with 2 grams of L-Taurine, and got uber-amped for my workouts. :bang: Mind you, I'd only take this once or twice a month, and it was during my less-informed years (yeah, I had those too.)

18. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

L-TAURINE?
    Most amino acids have a L- or D-configuration, which means the molecule when put into a solution will rotate light either to the left (Levo=L) or the right (Dextro=D). Taurine, like the amino acid Glycine does not polarize light and consequently does not have an L- or D-configuration.
    http://www.serve.com/BatonRouge/taurine_chmr.htm

19. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell that has to do with this post??

20. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Its a question for Bewatermyfriend as he mentioned it in his post above mine. What's it to you? Perhaps if you had read the thread it would have been seen in context.