Speed Training?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Unhfireboy2007, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Unhfireboy2007

Unhfireboy2007 Valued Member

Hey everyone! Thank to those of you who commented on my sparring match. I've decided to work on some of my skills including getting better speed in to my techniques any one have any suggestions on an effective way to do this?

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Spar more. Pad work with a good padholder

3. the australian

the australian Banned Banned

Articles on Active Red deal with this. Go to www.activered.com.au, go to articles and read "From Snail's Pace to Lightning Fast" parts one and two. Hope it helps.

4. estranged13

estranged13 ex video game freak

polymetrics and a weight routine geared for martial arts and a lot of ab workouts

5. liero

liero Valued Member

active red was quite impressive:)

6. mangoman

mangoman Valued Member

Everytime I see a question like this I make a recommendation of this book: Speed Training How To Develope Your Maximum Speed For Martial Arts. www.amazon.com/Speed-Training-Devel...=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225863160&sr=8-7

If you don't want to purchase it, allow me to summarize it for you in just a couple of sentences:

Rather than waste a ton of time trying to become faster at something, work on your powers of perception. If you can develop the skills to see the slightest aggressive motion of your adversary and react to that slightest first motion you will be far better off than if you train yourself to lift your leg 1/1000th of a second faster.

In 6 simple words,

Work on reaction time, not speed.