specific crunches / excersize

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JTiedes, Mar 31, 2005.

1. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

so after doing alot of cardio training on my own ( 5 mins warm up skiping rope, 5 mins warm up bag work, walk a mile, low # of push ups and sit ups, then doing about 10 mins hard rope, 10 mins hard bag, and running a mile as fast as i could)
    everyday for about a month ive noticed deifferent areas slimming down at different rates. i lost alot of fat off of my face :)p) and off of my sides. however i have to issues that have surfaced. i still have the flab on the front of stomach.
    heres the odd one, i noticed that i have a really wide hip bone, like 38 inches around, but my waist is only 30. also my chest is 42 inches. so now my torso looks ( exaggeration) like this )(. not nearly that much, but noticably so. does any one have suggestions on how to beef up the sides so i have more of a squared off figure? i would really appreciate it, thanks.

2. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Heavy squats.. LOTs. Go to a gym and do barbell squats. This exercise will fill up all the gaps from your torso all the way down to your toes. Once you become good at squats, you can try overhead squats.

3. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahah!!! that's funny sorry.
    Eat a lot and work your obliques and lats.

4. JTiedes

ok i cant go to the local gym for atleast 3 months ( long story that i dont feel like going into right now) so how about things i can do at home w/ little or know equipment, i have a bar and wieghts but thats it

5. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

I would suggest just waiting until you can get to the gym, but it's up to you. Check out the H + F FAQ, in the resource library, it has a link to like, the best list of exercises, with videos showing the correct techniques to do each one, have a look there.

6. JTiedes

thnx monkey

7. b33p

b33p New Member

Im a fan of curves

8. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

man curves??

9. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

You can't do it. You can lift weights, which will develop more muscle and make it less noticeable, but you can't change the basic makeup of your body. If you work out like a bodybuilder you like the look of, you won't end up looking like him. You'll look like a beefier and/or less chubby version of yourself.
    Are you lifting?

10. Ophqui

Ophqui Valued Member

try chins, saxon side bends, some gym ball exercises if u have one. Just work on ur lats and abs and back muscles

11. GrappleorWrestle

GrappleorWrestle Valued Member

I have some advice that may help. These are the crunches I do every morning when I wake up, but you should be able to put them in to your workout.

100 crunches with knees bent
    100 crunches with legs straight
    100 crunches with you holding your legs in the air with knees bent

This will workout each different area of your abs.

Then to workout your stabilizers do side ways crunches

Lay on your left side and just do crunches that way
    The switch and lay on your right side and do crunches that way

Then if you want to elongate your abs I would do dead bugs. This is when you lay flat on your back legs straight. Then you slighty raise your legs off the ground and you move them up and down.

Meh, thats just what I do. It works for me.

12. JTiedes

KE, i dont do weights for the most part. i dont know why i just dont enjoy them. id rather hit the bag longer than lift weights. and thats a good point. i geuss ill just keep on working on slimming down, and appreciate what i got :p, but i prolly will add some of the suggested things too

13. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Lack of iron is the problem then :D