Sparring: Favourite Techniques...

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Helm, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Helm

Helm New Member

Ya its risky for sure, you either get it dead on, or from that range they can turn their body making a deflection highly likely and leave you with your ass on their chest.
    Thats what happened to me at my last compo anyhoo...

2. HKD

HKD New Member

no, as Ur delivering the jump spinning back Ur moving back and so even if U miss Ur still in a good position to protect Urself. unless U just clutz and U fall on Ur ass.

3. Helm

Helm New Member

Well thats kinda difficult, under WTF rules you're not allowed to push, and to create the kind of distance to make a good impact, you'd have to move quickly backward, i.e. skip, and put yourself off-balance.
    I know what you mean tho.

4. HKD

HKD New Member

well i don't mean to push them off of U. (may have said push them in my earlier post but i shouldn't have) i ment lean in enough for them to lean back against U then, do the jump spinning back kick.

5. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Why does this mean you are going backwards??

Why can't you do it on the spot or even going forwards???

6. HKD

HKD New Member

U can't Bcuz Ur partner is leaning in on U so U need a little space or he could jam Ur kick. remember Ur leaning on him so naturally he's going to lean or push U away to get U off him. thin Ur moveing backward and jump spinning back POW!!

7. Helm

Helm New Member

So hes pushing you know, but thats against the rules....

Although this in-fighting works against some really good fighters, getting right up close, working their body with your hands (if puching is allowed) and using the half-turning as soon as they step back to get into their more comfortable kicking range.