Sparring A Girl

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by paulbrec, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjaboj

ninjaboj Banned Banned

I was saying that just in case any of my previous threads could be deemed as 'sexist'. Not that it matters. Well it does actually.

What's more for the meaning of the word 'elan' I suggest you use a dictionary?

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I did. And your post makes no sense to me.

3. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I'm well aware of the meaning of the word. Originally French and adopted into the English language with a similar meaning. To do something with elan is to do it in a passionate, spirited way.

I'm assuming that you intended to use it to mean spirit, rather than spirited, as the sentence makes no sense otherwise - but I wasn't going to make a point of it.

4. ninjaboj

ninjaboj Banned Banned

I took the meaning of the word to mean 'With a vervre or velocity'. What's more I was using it as a noun rather than an adjective, which may be breaking some rules of the English language, but as an author I am quite happy with the oftime used maxim 'rules are made to be broken', and in this thread, by both meanings of the word, that is exactly the meaning which it seems like I was seeking for, OK?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

The original topic has been done to death and now the off topic stuff is turning silly, so thread locked.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Perhaps. Not when trying to communicate though eh?
    Doesn't do you any favours and just makes it look as though you don't know what words mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.