Sore knee while biking, little help??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Mister_Ball, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Mister_Ball

Mister_Ball Just your average guy

Today at the gym my friend(17) went on to the bikes, one of the more horizontal ones. About 20 secs into it she started telling me her knees kept cracking. Thought it might be her seating position but that never helped. Lowered the resistance (still no luck). She described what she felt as "It was almost like i could feel my knee cap coming off". Didnt hurt while walking, just on the bike, not sure about the other one.
    Basicly is there anyway to help her knees?
    Is there anything wrong with her knees?
    Shoudl she just avoid that exercise bike form now on?

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Sore knees whilst cycling are usually due to the seat being in the wrong position or at the wrong height or the angle of the foot on the peddle being wrong.

Try:

http://www.bikeforums.net/

for some more specific information.

3. Mister_Ball

Mister_Ball Just your average guy

Cheers for that man. Il suggest that to her next time we're there and look around that site for more reasons it might happen just incase that dont help. If things still aren't going well il just get here going down to the Dr.'s

4. Long_Distance_R

Long_Distance_R New Member

Tou probally just got runners knee. when you start working out running/biking. your knees get sore and crackle alot. The only cure is time unless if you have something more seiously wrong with your knee, dont baby it