somthing for my fighting skills

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by sky, Apr 2, 2004.

1. sky

sky Valued Member

I want to learn any form of tai chi or qi gon that will make me faster stronger and increase my senses does any one have any ideas

2. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

As more than one IMA master has said, "breathe deeply, then come back to me in fifteen years"

3. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Zhan Zhaung.

4. sky

sky Valued Member

I was looking for someone to help with my question , not stupid remarks or if there not stupid remarks , please explain to me what yous meen

5. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Sorry dude, it's just that any IMA practice takes a long time to develop. The whole principle is for your body to grow into being fast/strong/powerful at it's own pace. This is the opposite of many external martial arts, where you get big muscles very fast but you have to retire at 40.

If I were you, I'd try some qigong that strengthened your tendons/ligaments. Also try to learn some complicated tai chi movements as the concentration and whole-body coordination will really help you with your other MA practice.

Breathe from your stomach, relax your whole body and flow into the movements. Takes about 20 years to get the idea, I've heard, but it's good from any pov

6. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Sky, start with zhan zhuang qiqong and practise it for a year. I encourage you to buy this book:

The way fo qigong (master Lam Kam Chuen). You can find it in any public library if you don't want to purchase it. However I would suggest you not to do embracing the tree posture since you must learn to relax and understand what qigong is before getting involved in more ambitious ventures.

Rules to practice:

1. Relax as if nothing on this planet existed, it's only and the entire Universe surroundinf and watching you. Once you get to that stage try to relax a bit more.

2. Maintain perfect posture. Best description is given in "Opening the energy gates of the body" by B. K. Frantzis (you'll find it in any library too)

3. It's important that you root yourself deep down into the earth starting from waist imagine that your legs are just hollow and a thick beam of light penetrates deep below you and that roots grow beneath your feet.

4. After rooting imagine that you're suspended from above (Heaven) hanging of a thin string made of silk. Imagine that you are only your upper body, as if your legs didn't exist.

Imagine these two scenarios for about 6 months. After that try the dissolving process described in B.K. Frantzis book.

5. Try to calm (empty your mind) at all times. Keep focus on what I've just described. But don't force anything, just let go any thought that may pop up in your mind, they will come and go. Sooner or later your main focus will be rooting and 'hanging' from Heaven. If you think you haven't achieved this in 6 months, take another 6.

3. Follow other rules indicated in those books.

4. Warm-up first by rotating spine from side to side, rotating arms, waist, knees, ankles and gently half rotations of neck. Tap chest, lower back and jade cushion (upper neck area, base of skull)

5. Finish exercise by collecting qi in lower tantien.

6. Cool down:

1. First, start in horse stance (zhan zhuang) and raise armsup and towards the sides until they reach eye level as if you were holding a large balloon (like a big Fit-Ball) then rotate hands so they are facing each other parallel (arms stay up in same position as before), then lower arms with palms in that position down to lower tantien level. Do it 6 times. This exercise collects excess external qi in lower tantien (puts back aura in its normal configuration when observed in Kirlian camera since qigong increases it size up to 1 metre in length)

Right after that, rub your entire body to remove excess qi. Just rub palms with each other and rub head, face, back of the neck, arms, sides of your trunk, chest, tummy , legs few times to remove qi away from your body. Finish making circular rotations with one hand on top of the other and the first over the lower tantien, which is located 5 cm below navel. Do them for 36 times each side (clockwise and anticlockwise)

7. Other points of consideration. Every time you do standing qigong finish with sitting meditation either at night or afterwards to avoid any deviations (insomnia, excess libido, hyperactivity, etc.)

8. Don't practice after having a meal, and wait for 1/2 h if you want to it afterwards

9. Wear loose clothing when practising. Nothing tight especially around abdomen.

10. Remove any metallic objects off your body

11. Don't try to enter the realm of esoteric practices or advanced practices without the close supervision of a sifu (master)

12. Try to get the help of a sifu as soon as you can even if you have 10 books or a knowledgeable friend

13. You'll start to experience internal changes that may worry you. If any problems post here for help and ask your sifu anyway.

Hao yun, Gerard

WARNING: Qigong is a dangerous activity if practiced in a different way than what is being written in this post and the recommendations given in the books I referred to.

7. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

It'd be better to go and look for a Tai Chi school and join and start learning to do forms of Tai Chi.