Something up with the layout

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Smitfire, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

There's something up with the layout of MAP. It's all scrunched up at the top and stuff overlapping.

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Have you got an ad blocker on? I've got ads appearing at the top of my page, maybe it's that.

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

No add blocker. Got an add for NCP car parks appearing. Useful. :)

Van Zandt likes this.
  4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Totally over priced. Especially in Central London where its £9 per hour.

Depressing where a parking space can earn more than most working people :/

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Yeah I'm the same. The Google ads at the top are compressing the arrows below.

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Cheers chaps.

We are aware and Mitch will be taking a look to see what's up.

We have just turned the adverts back on, in order to pay the bills, so it's probably something to do with that.

Hopefully it's just an easily fixed issue.

Van Zandt, axelb and Pretty In Pink like this.
  7. Pretty In Pink

It's not affecting the mechanics of the page. Good luck with the ads!

8. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I want to "Learn Real TaiChi Online".

Only $5? What a steal!

9. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

Are you using Safari by any chance?

10. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I don't want to crash the topic, but since it's about the adds (sort of), I put my question here: I deactivated my add-blocker here and the first thing I saw was an Lego-advert - I can live with that, as I look up Lego Star Wars. So it makes sense to me.

What makes less sense (I know, everyone says that :D ) and seems a bit weird on a family friendly site are the adds, that ask me if I am interested in Russian singles... :oops:

11. Simon

Mitch set it up. :D

Dead_pool likes this.
  12. Simon

On a serious note this is taken seriously.

If Google see something they don't approve of I get an email asking me to remove the content.

It's early days with the new ads, so please bear with us while we get through the teething issues.

axelb likes this.
  13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I got an advert for Avon products. This site is telling me I'm not beautiful enough! :(:(:(:(

14. Pretty In Pink

Yer Da sells Avon!

15. Simon

I think the ads are targeting Mitch and his browsing habits. :eek:

16. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Now I don't only get offered Russian girls but also to chat with Thai girls...
    Let's aside the fact for the moment, that I start to feel like a little perv :p, you guys might want to keep looking at it, from the "family friendly"-view of the site.

Personally I just ignore the adds anyway (I usually use an add-blocker, but turned it off here), but other people might feel weird, being offered Thai and Russian girls ;)

So: Go on an talk to Mitch about his... hobbies... and how he should use something to not effect MAP as well as his ... habits...

:p

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Re adverts, they're normally based on your individual Google habits..... So if your getting adverts for "transistor radios, and ladies nowhere near you" then it might be because of what your searching for............. Sorry!!

Here's an excellent example of it.....
    Gavin Barwell in 'date Arab girls' Twitter storm

Edit: maybe looking up ST and DrW stuff brings it up....... Thats totally why it happens with me... .........

18. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I'm getting bonsai adverts.

19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Most of the adverts I get, I know why.
    It's Lego, video game related, ... you know, the normal things you'd expect at a grown-ups PC.

But I also get PC hardware and software shops, I don't know why; there was an insurance, I think, and these lady-looking-things - which I really do not look for; nor even something similar. Or ways to get my Bachelor, configure my own Opel...
    Nothing of the above I was looking for lately (PC software a few months back) or at all (Russian & Thai chicks; online Bachelor. Seriously, I don't even have Abitur, so I would look for that first, I guess.).

20. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Maybe because map is martial arts, maybe you Googled marital arts? Or does someone share your WiFi?