Something good for our Vets thru MA

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by 23197, Dec 11, 2010.

1. 23197

23197 Valued Member

In the City where I train there is a home for US Veterans. They have a fund from which they draw monies to allow the Vets to get out and do something they want. I guess I can equate it to the 'Make a wish foundation' where the terminally ill get a wish granted. For the past few months various organizations have been doing fundraising to raise monies for this fund. One vet was able to see a long lost child, spend 3 days with her and eat a lobster dinner in his favorite seafood restaurant. This poor man had not had an outside visit for quite a while from anyone. So the point of my post is, our school held a demonstration last night and 100% of the proceeds went to this Vets fund. We raised $2800 and I am glad we were able to help those who helped us in so many ways. The Vets seemed to especially enjoy the knife defense and weapons demos. One guy was in a sort of wheeled easy chair and pretty much was layed back throughout the demo until the knife\weapons portion. He sat up attentively and applauded upon the completion. I am honored to have been able thru MA, to bring both an enjoyable evening and an opportunity for these folks to go out and do something they so deserve. Thank you for letting me share this by your reading of my long post.

PS-I hope I posted this in the correct area. (bows)

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

That's awesome, thank you for your generosity 23197.

3. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

Brilliant, much respect!

4. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Thank you OP for this wonderful post.

5. 23197

23197 Valued Member

'Chimaneyo' to all of you.

6. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Good job! What a nice story. I bet you make their day! :)