So where are the TKD Chicks ?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by KickChick, Oct 14, 2006.

1. shotsy

shotsy New Member

Reporting for duty MAMM!

I am proud to call myself a TKD Chick or most anyother type of tkd woman-- just don't call me a girl!!!!!!!! :bang: :rolleyes: I am to old for that one. It is nice to be someplace that doesn't have to be pc all of the time!

Hey does anyone know whether our politically correct "friend is male or female"?

As far as drills and fitness tests go- same rules apply in my book! If you want it bad enough you can achive it! Chicks or Dudes- no matter-there is always some one better at something- if nothing else it provides a challenge and a goal! KiYap!
    :p

2. cnada

cnada Valued Member

I'm here! :D

3. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

don't :bang: its not something to appologise for! being a bird is great! I love it!

4. ronaldk

ronaldk Valued Member

and you think that most women think anything near to this philosophy?

in any case...

we have 1 TKD chick in my class. 2nd dan blackbelt. her technique is very good, excellent flexibility and balance. great speed too. lacks strength however. probably due to inconsistent training. she's not exactly up to par with what i believe a 2nd dan should be, but, again, she hadn't trained for a while. my master is whipping her back up into shape.

other than that, theres a new whitebelt in our club, and a green belt somewhere there too. the secretary from my dojang also started training since she gets it for free, and is currently orange belt.

all in all, most times i see women MAs around here, they have the potential to be excellent. and most times, when they aren't, they have only themselves to blame, as there gender does not hold them back, rather its the fear of being percieved as masculine, not training hard enough, or something else. a shame that not many go as far as they could.

5. Tansy

Birds should never be afraid of doing something others may consider masculine, I beilive all women can fight.

It does annoy me when some girls tend to giggle and say "I'm so weak I am girl bla bla", have they not realised socitey is partly to blame at times. Don't let a mag or anyone tell you your weak because your a bird...think about it this way they are afraid your not so be brave!!hurrah!

Tans

6. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Bird sounds so much more...demeaning...than chick.

7. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

Yeah, but they get all whiney if you keep calling them 'bit of fluff' or 'crumpet'.

That annoys the hell out of me too, particularly if it's holding the class or someone else up. I'm sure Calvin will agree with you also. I don't know how much of it can be blamed on society and how much is just attention seeking. After all you're training in the same dojang and from the same country, yet I image you're very different to any of them in your attitude towards training?

8. Tansy

My teacher said I was Unique.

I don't care if I fight! more women need hobbies and stop complaining its a man's world...its no one's world, damn birds must get up and just be themsleves...burn the Cosmpoltain BURN BURN GRRR...*cough*...sorry.

9. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

Was he the only one? ;)

Plus, if they're going to training just for the attention of men, then they should realise that there's nothing hot than a girl in a dobok kicking ****.

10. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

The women I train with fall more into this category:
    [​IMG]

11. Tansy

He's the only one, I have yet to ask anyone whether they think I am odd or not. My master was impressed at how much hitting I could take and I didn't once cry, only when my knee gave out but that was because I felt so sad I may never fight again.

I look awfull in mine, but its not about the dobok.

12. ronaldk

ronaldk Valued Member

specially when they are big girls, quite heavy, and you'll see them do quite strong things when they are mad, however, when you need to lift a couch, they automatically lose all their power... :p

13. Pocari Neko

Pocari Neko Learner Ninja

.... just strolling by....

What's all this about Taekwondo "chicks" being sexy? Last time I checked I was still short, fat and ugly.... :bang:

May be I just haven't done enough TKD to make me prettier then???

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I AM female. That's what's on my birth certificate and on my passport.

Now move along.....

;)

14. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

:) I can really relate, alot of the time It appears that I'm the only non 'girly girl' colour belt in my dojang. I'm one of the very few who doesn't wine when we do conditioning drills or scrape alll the skin off my knuckles

15. Tansy

I just think that people should stop allowing magazines to dictate their life. Its not like they stop reading the same old crap they just make themselves more depressed by reading about:

How to impress your man!
    Wear the right shoes to right party!
    Lipsticks this season to dazzle!
    Loose thoose pounds in a sec!
    How to impress a man while having a career and getting the right shade of eyeshadow...OR YOU DIE!!!

I hate these mags!...they are all rubbish dumb horrid stupid bits of pink paper that should be condemded to HELL!

...I'm ok...

Tans

16. Hutchey

Hutchey Valued Member

oh dear

17. Hutchey

Hutchey Valued Member

LOL we must have met Tansey - you seem to know me :D

18. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

hey dont be so harsh on yourself - everyone is sexy in their own sexy way ;) :D

19. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

my thoughts exactly.

20. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

pretty well said. :D