So where are the TKD Chicks ?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by KickChick, Oct 14, 2006.

1. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Chill

Posts are in the process of being merged to more appropriate threads. Members have a habit of taking threads so off course ... in this case posts regarding 3-somes, british language and the cavorts of batman & robin.

You want to chat ... save it for the chat room. If you have anything of real substance and merit to contribute to this thread then by all means do so.

.... and in this case it was me!

2. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

We were off topic.... on a thread about TKD chicks? You want meaningful discussion of... TKD chicks?

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Yeah .. a bit of a stretch for you considering you aren't female

4. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

well for what its worth, i think most tkd chicks are darn seeeeeeexy ;) :p

esp the ones ive seen on map ;)

5. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

That's the best pun ever!

6. 2ndchance

2ndchance Valued Member

Wow! you guys will fight about anything!

O.K. I like to stop in once in a while, and I'm a TKD....chick, bird, sheila, female, woman, girl, babe...did I miss anything? :rolleyes:

7. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

We tend to just put it down to sexual tension between the two of them. :)

Anyway, now we have a few 'chicks' posting in the thread why not start talking about your experiences with TKD? Do you feel you get treated differently in the dojang because you're female? Are there more males than females in your dojang, and why do you think this is? Do you prefer to train with other women, or uh, "chicks"?

8. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

another tkd female here :)

9. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

I'm treated the same, my teachers don't hold back. I have recived many brusies and cuts form the boys, they want girls to learn the same and not feel left out they feel its important to give girls self defence and a chance to enjoy the competions.
    Also its fun fighting dudes they don't suddenly stop and go "Oh I'm sorry...didn't mean to" they just stop and go "You ok?...lets carry on!"

Tans-bird who thinks tough is cool

10. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

I hope you take them seriously as well...a TKD chick is not just for starring at.

11. Liam Cullen

True, after all, someone has to sweep the dojang after class.... :D

12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Don't start ... I am enforcing a zero tolerance on this sort of thing.

:p

13. Liam Cullen

LOL, ok well how about you answer the same questions then? I believe you're a fairly high ranking belt, do you feel being female changes the way others view/train with you?

14. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

You're absolutely right.

I learned that lesson as a young lad in the dojang. Stare too hard, and pay for it come sparring practice.

15. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

well...i like to take my chances...and i always wear a groin guard ;) :p

16. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

Quick question for the TKD "chicks"...

The female hips are different to male hips - being "child bearing" they are a subtly different shape. This will affect the basic movement of the hip joint and possibly have a knock on effect to the knee joint movement.

My question is - do you approach kicking, specifically the coaching/teaching/instruction of kicking in a different manner with males and females?

If so, what to you have to bear in mind when performing a kick? Do you point out and differences with students, or do you leave it out because you don't think it relevant?

And also to the tkd "blokes/dudes/homeys"...

As above ;)

17. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

personally i dont think females need to learn kicks differently nor that they look that different. the only difference i've noticed with having wider hips is that women find it easier to piggy back!! hehe.

there aren't many women in our club, and it's never bothered me. in fact i like it, as i've never been comfortable with girls who like to compete for looks and things like that. i hate girls who come to train with sexy tops and make up!

thats another reason why i like tkd is that i never do myself up, so men don't really see me in that light and i can relax in front of guys without worrying about what i look like ect..and when a guy notices you for who you are rather than what u look like it's always a plus.

i teach a class of mainly girls, but i think it's quite a good thing, because the girls i teach are young teenage girls. i think they would feel uncomfortable with men around and they would feel weaker ect..as they already have quite a complex about themselves!!

we have one guy who trains but he is like the father figure! he's a BB which also helps because he's more like a teacher to them than a partner.

18. Drusilla

Drusilla Valued Member

The only difference I've noticed in my dojang between the sexes is that the females (and males under 16) are not expected to do knuckle press-up's. Although, as I've mentioned and discussed in another thread, there's no physical reason why women shouldn't do them. :)

19. Lynz

Lynz Valued Member

Hi Just another TKD lady checking in!!

Looking at these posts Its encouraging to see the growing trend where women are starting to be treated as equals. When I first started training I must admit that a couple of gents did treat me differently, either they were afraid to hurt me or they were overly relaxed when sparring me . This is no reflection on my instructor as he has always treated me as an equal ! Its just the perception some gents still have. I have changed during the time I have trained and still even now newbies will come in and assume im just a small girl posing in a dobok , but the point is I don't care what there perception is , it is my training that matters and as long as I have the respect of my instructor then that is of paramount importance to me !

Lynz

20. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

here's some tkd chicks from my club! including me looking rather aweful but my friends look good on it and its a fun pic!

Attached Files: