So long and thanks for all the fish. Adam's leaving.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Adam, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Adam

Adam New Member

Dear MAP

During the course of the last year, I've been using this great site as a source for entertainment and as a means for taking my mind off personal problems.
    The other shoe dropped recently, and I now feel more free than I have for years. I no longer have any desire to use computers for any other purpose than education, which brings me to my point: I'm leaving this site for good, it has simply outlived it's purpose for me. I have decided that, for me, there is little point in debating martial arts, and I have to little experience to really be a major contributor to the site, having recently become another practitioner of talk-fu as pointed out by Yoda.
    I've come to the conclusion that the true path to becoming a good martial artist is hard work and dedication, not debate and nitpicking at details and comparing lineages/styles/philosophies. It very quickly becomes meaningless and takes away the flesh and blood of the fight IMO. I've found a niche in the MA world where I am content and I shall endeavour to follow that path for the foreseeable future.
    I've had a great time here as long as it lasted and learned many things, many of them were irrelevant, but all of them interesting for a MA nerd such as myself, and I am now able to bore any rapscalling assaulting me to death with pieces of MA trivia.
    Particular mention must go to the MAP MMA and grappling fanboys, for assisting me in maturing from a "groundfighting is hella gay yo!" person to a current BJJ player by mocking me until I joined a grappling school.
    I thank every one of you who has entertained me, informed me, sympathized with me, disagreed with me, angered me, challenged my opinions and made me think.

A very big special thank you goes out to the denizens of the MAP chat. You're a bunch of loony MA geeks, but you're totally sweet, and I love you with all of my body (including my pee pee, but in a platonic sense)

Should anyone need to get in touch with me, they can feel free to email me at gungadin86@hotmail.com . PM's will not be answered.

So long guys. For me, MAP has made a difference.

This is Adam, logging out........

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sorry to see you go mate - you will always be welcome here :cry:

3. HearWa

HearWa Ow, that hurt...

I'm glad you've found what you want! If you ever want to come back from time to time, you'll know where to find us!

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Come and visit Adam, we've enjoyed you!

5. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Sorry to hear that you are leaving.

MAP is a brilliant source of information.

Train more, talk less (perhaps you should leave this as your sig to remind folk about your attitude :D)

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

You got so much from MAP.

Can your really really survive without it? :D

7. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Chat will be a very different place from now on . I hope others join me in wishing Adam the best in whatever he decides to do - because heck, with his intellect and personality, ain't nothing going to stop him if he puts his mind to it!

All the best Adam

:(

8. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Goodbye my dear sweet Adam :cry:

9. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Say it aint so Adam...

:cry:

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

No! No! No! I say, no! You can't leave! We like you!

This sucks, dude. I hope you'll come back often.

11. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

Goodbye adam, good luck in life, we'll never forget you!

12. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Sorry to see you go Adam. Good luck with the training. Remeber that balance is a good thing and stop back from time to time!

- Matt

13. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Good luck with wherever life takes you mate!

Come back if you need another "debate" about which of our jujutsu styles is superior ;)

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Take care and train hard mate ;)

15. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

Good training to you. Take care and I hope we'll see you around.

16. Cain

Cain New Member

Best of luck Adam, sorry to see ya go :(

If your seeing this messgae then reply at least once ya bugger!!!

|Cain|

17. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Glad to hear MAP helped you with more than just MA. Hope you get a chance to pop in.

Enjoy!!!

*whistles "Star Spangled Banner"* :D

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  18. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

najung-e Adam.