Smaug's training log, fitness, thing

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Smaug97, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

So as you can probably guess i'm starting up a training log which i'll hopefully be updating every week just to keep track of my progress and see if this motivates me, it'll probably be mostly gym but i'll probably include my martial arts training as well if anything relevant happens.

2. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

Ok so first 2 days in and im updating this now so i get in the habit of updating it- my plan is as follows...
    Monday- either another martial arts class (still thinking about it) or working on biceps, shoulders and legs
    Tuesday- Triceps and abs
    Wednesday- day off for volunteering
    Thursday- Jiu jutsu
    Friday- Kickboxing
    Saturday- Chest, legs and abs
    Sunday- Biceps/ shoulders and triceps

The exercises are sort of a mix between calisthenics and weight machines- im not a fan of freeweights but i try and throw in some dumb bells now and then, lifting is done in dropsets- 20, 18-15, 12-10, 8, 5 , shifting up the weight each time.
    So thats the first entry- if anyone has any suggestions or questions(hopefully suggestions i really don't know what i'm doing sometimes) then i am all ears :)

3. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

Wow- Been a while since i updated this- workouts had to change due to changes at the gym- I've had to take a month and a half off due to 2 consecutive injuries, but anyway i'm back now- New routine is still being refined but using today as an example i've come up with a rough template for the gym, starting off my workout with shoulder/bicep excersizes using light dumb bells (this is after stretching out obviously)- this is followed by 3 sets of 10 Lat pulls at 60kg, 2-3x10 bicep curls at 45 kg, 3x10 chest at 45 kg.
    I will then do 2-3 circuits of the E-Gym system which- whilst not as high a weight as the regular machines- does provide an effective full body work out.

4. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

Gym routine is the same but i've also started running and doing some calisthenics with a friend of mine on Wednesdays and Thursdays.