Smash glass bottles with your fist!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kung Fu Panda 48153, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Kung Fu Panda 48153

Kung Fu Panda 48153 New Member

Hello guys, what is your opinion on this type of training? Is this an asset for traditional training or for modern self-defense?

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

A) it's not "traditional" it's a cheap parlour trick... Using trick bottles....
    B) if it's not, it's really dumb, it's very easy to cut an artery or ligament with broken glass
    C) this seems relevent...

Be more like him....

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

What do you mean "training"? That seems very specific.

Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  4. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

No

Grond, axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  5. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

Superb technique. I particularly liked the speed with which he hid his knuckles in the crook of his elbow. Just in case...you know. I was a bit crestfallen that i couldn't watch Fury vs Wilder II this morning, but this has made up for it. None of that namby pamby gloved sport nonsense! This is da r3&l D£adlz! I think i have a bottle of Moretti around here somewhere...piece of string....

Mitch and Grond like this.
  6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Use focus mitts people!!

Less clean up and works just as well..

Monkey_Magic, axelb and Grond like this.
  7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

It's a great way to make your hands unusable. Worse than hitting the heavy bag with bare hands. I don't think I know a single boxer, and I know quite a few, who would ever suggest doing this. What is he trying to prove other than he should have a broom and bucket handy, for at least the glass and possibly some blood.

A human's most valuable tools other than their brain are their two arms and if they're lucky, 10 digits. Frodo of the Nine Fingers, if they're really, really lucky.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Monkey_Magic likes this.
  8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I was just shaking my head. Why not just punch live lightbulbs, right? You might as well stick your tongue into an electrical socket, I don't know if it'll teach you anything but let's put it on Youtube.

9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Im always up for magic tricks. I would still happily go to a Shaolin show and watch a Monk break spears with his neck and stuff.

I personally dont think how some people can link that with 'traditional training'.

And people tend to get these things mixed up. Traditional training (and by that we really mean the kung fu community) was "stuff we did to train cos we didnt have the technology back then, or we broke and we gotta use what we have"

Do some things stay with the test of time? Yes.
    Is punching glass bottles one of them? As a party trick yes. As a training tool? No.

axelb likes this.
  10. Kung Fu Panda 48153

Kannst du im Video sehen, wie die Faust das Ziel trifft? Ich sehe es nicht wirklich. Müssen Sie mit der Hand oder mit der ganzen Faust auf die Knöchel schlagen? Wenn ich es tue, tut es einfach weh?

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: Kung Fu Panda 48153 - MAP is an English speaking forum. Pleae post in English, per our Terms of Service. Thanks!

12. Kung Fu Panda 48153

Can you see in the video how the fist hits the target? I don't really see it. Do you have to hit your ankles with your hand or with your whole fist? When I do it just hurts?

13. Dead_pool

Don't do this with real bottles it's dangerous!

Grond likes this.
  14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

And stupid. It serves literally no purpose.

Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  15. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Guy, I discovered a secret technique that makes this far easier! I've put it in spoiler tags for security.

If you grab the bottle by the neck and hit a hard object with it, it will break really easily!

Grond and axelb like this.
  16. aaradia

Glass cutting the body is a terrible thing. NOT worth the risk. Please reconsider doing this!

Grond and Shmook like this.
  17. Kung Fu Panda 48153

Ihr Alter spielt keine Rolle, es sei denn, Sie sind eine Flasche Wein ...
    Ich habe jetzt ein paar Dinge ausprobiert: Mit dem Holzgriff eines Schraubenziehers habe ich ungefähr die gleiche Menge auf verschiedene Flaschen geschlagen. Ich hatte den Eindruck, dass die Stabilität sehr unterschiedlich ist. Einige Flaschen brechen einfach leichter als andere. Champagnerflaschen sind unzerstörbar!
    Ich werde wieder die vielversprechendste Flasche kaufen, dann muss ich nur noch trinken ...
    Aber kann es auch sein, dass die Flasche im Video schon einen Riss hatte ..... Oder irre ich mich?

18. Dead_pool

Google translate says:

"Your age doesn't matter unless you're a bottle of wine ... I have now tried a few things: with the wooden handle of a screwdriver I hit about the same amount on different bottles. I had the impression that the stability is very different. Some bottles just break more easily than others. Champagne bottles are indestructible! I will buy the most promising bottle again, then all I have to do is drink ... But can it also be that the bottle in the video already had a crack ..... Or am I wrong?"

Do not do this.... It is very dangerous....

It is also just a trick bottle.

Grond likes this.
  19. Kung Fu Panda 48153

Excuse me. Your age doesn't matter unless you're a bottle of wine ...
    I have a couple of things now: with the wooden handle of a screwdriver, I got the same amount on different bottles. I got the impression that the right one is very personal. Some bottles just break different than others. Champagne bottles are indestructible!
    I'll die again and buy the right bottle, then all I have to do is drink ...
    But can it also be that the bottle in the video already had a crack ..... Or am I wrong?

20. aaradia

Mod Note: And again. kung Fu Panda. This is the second time in a short period of time I am reminding you that you are breaking our Terms of service when you post in another language without an English translation in the same post. Please do not do this again. Our terms of service can be found by clicking on the "terms and rules" Button of the bottom right hand corner of every page.
    From our Terms of Service

Grond likes this.